Get ready to fly straight to dark chocolate heaven! This Dark Chocolate Tart is a totally decadent treat that feels indulgent and special while also being so easy to make. Rich creamy chocolate ganache, fresh raspberries, and pistachio almond crust. The perfect chocolate tart. Vegan and gluten-free.
One of our favorite things about having a food blog (aside from sampling everything we make and finding new favorites!) is sharing our tasty creations with friends and family. Seeing their faces light up when they bite into something delicious is so rewarding! This Chocolate Tart was an instant hit with everyone who tried it. We hope you make this and have that rewarding, “Oh my goodness this is SO GOOD!” moment with your own loved ones.
Gluten-Free Chocolate Tart Crust
This simple, gluten-free chocolate tart crust is made by pulsing 3 simple ingredients in the food processor until they just come together, then pressing them into a tart pan. It has an intense nutty flavor that pairs perfectly with the rich and creamy tart! It’s made with:
- Almond flour
- Coconut flour
- Maple syrup or agave nectar
- Unsweetened almond milk (or any non-dairy milk you prefer)
How to Make Vegan Chocolate Tart
How do you make a creamy, rich chocolate tart without dairy or eggs? With only three ingredients, that’s how! We make this ganache filling using a can of full-fat coconut milk (it has to be full-fat...the lite stuff won’t work!), vegan dark chocolate chips, and cocoa powder. Making it is a simple process of scalding the coconut milk, pouring it over the chocolate chips, and stirring everything until it’s nice and smooth. Pop it in the refrigerator until it hardens!
The Best Vegan Dark Chocolate
You can find vegan dark chocolate in any grocery store these days. This recipe calls for a cup and a half of chocolate, so you can buy a few bars or go for a bag of dark chocolate chips. Make sure to check your ingredient list if you’re strictly dairy-free! We prefer a minimum of 60% cocoa chocolate for a really intense dark chocolate flavor.
Fruit Tart Variations
We love how decadent raspberries taste on this vegan chocolate tart, but you can mix it up with any toppings you like! Try making this easy chocolate tart with:
- Blueberries, strawberries, or cherries
- Kiwi or oranges
- Coarse sea salt
- No-Fuss Salted Tahini Date Caramel
- Candied Pecans or Roasted Hazelnuts
Some Anecdotes About Our Life as Food Bloggers
One of our good friends has gotten so used to getting treats on a weekly basis that, if for some reason we don't get him the goods on time, he actually complains about it. Seriously!
Another one of our friends took a piece of this chocolate raspberry tart home, and apparently, he liked it so much, we got a complaint from his wife the next day, saying he ate the last piece and didn't save it for her.
See? That's the kind of stuff we love to hear. That's what makes us happy. And one of the main reasons we started this blog. So if you have a story about any of our recipes, please share it with us!
More Tart Recipes
- Fig & Tahini Truffle Tarts
- Vegan Salted Caramel Tartlettes
- Vegan Key Lime Pie
- Chocolate Peanut Butter Pretzel Tart
- Gluten-Free Cashew Cream Tart
- Passover Flourless Chocolate Tart
Now, if you're wondering what makes this recipe so great, it's definitely the simplicity of the ingredients along with the intensity of the flavors. The freshness of the raspberries and the rich creaminess of the chocolate complement each other perfectly. And the nutty crust harmoniously puts it all together.
Another plus? This recipe is vegan and gluten-free. But trust us, you will not miss the dairy, eggs, flour, or excess sugar. And a small piece goes a long way (so make sure to share it!! 🙂 )
More Chocolate Desserts
- Double Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Chocolate Bark with Pistachios and Tahini
- Chocolate Truffles Vegan
- Chocolate Peanut Butter Pretzel Tart
- Chocolate Truffles Guilt Free
- Chocolate Glazed Banana Bread Donuts
- Chocolate Cupcakes Vegan
- Chocolate Chia Pudding Date Sweetened
- Chocolate Covered Hazelnuts Salted and Roasted
- Tahini Stuffed Dates Dipped in Chocolate
- Vegan Chocolate Cake
Did you like this chocolate raspberry tart recipe?
If you enjoyed this recipe, it would help us tremendously if you left us a star rating in the comments below or on the recipe card. Do you have any questions about the recipe? Do you need a swap for any of the ingredients? We are here to help, just leave us a question in the comments below.Print
Rich creamy vegan chocolate ganache, fresh raspberries and pistachio almond crust. The perfect chocolate raspberry tart! Vegan and gluten free.
- Preheat the oven to 350F
- Place the pistachios in the food processor and pulse a few times until they're chopped. Add the almond and coconut flour, maple syrup, or agave and almond milk (start with 2 tablespoons and add more if needed, so, so the mixture comes together). Pulse until the mixture comes together to form a dough
- Press the dough into a rectangular 14x4.5x1 tart pan with removable bottom (you can also use a round 9-inch tart pan), making sure it goes all the way up the sides. Gently poke it all over with a fork and bake at 350F for 15-17 minutes. Set aside to cool completely
- In the meantime, prepare the chocolate ganache. Combine the chocolate chips and cocoa powder in a large heat-proof bowl. Scald (heat without bringing to a boil) the coconut milk and carefully pour it over the chocolate, stirring constantly until the chocolate has melted. Let it cool and pour over the prepared tart shell. Refrigerate until the ganache hardens (it will have a creamy, truffle-like consistency)
- Arrange raspberries on top right before serving
- Prep Time: 20 mins
- Cook Time: 20 mins
- Category: Dessert
- Method: baking
- Cuisine: Vegan / kosher / dairy free
- Serving Size: 1 slice ( 1 row of raspberries)
- Calories: 264
- Sugar: 17.5
- Sodium: 7.8
- Fat: 17.6
- Saturated Fat: 7.8
- Unsaturated Fat: 3.4
- Trans Fat: 0
- Carbohydrates: 26
- Fiber: 5.7
- Protein: 6.1
- Cholesterol: 0
Keywords: chocolate, chocolate tart, vegan, gluten free