Are you ready for the ultimate in sweet-and-salty cookie heaven? Our Double Chocolate Chip Cookies are going to become an instant hit and you’ll be making and gifting them all season long! These cookies only take 30 minutes to make with one bowl and one spoon. Easy AND tasty!
A cookie recipe that doesn't call for a hand mixer? Sign us up! All you need to mix these double chocolate chip cookies is a wooden spoon, so no beaters to clean up. They’re a little sweet, a little salty, a little nutty, and super fudgy. These Double Chocolate Chip Cookies might become your new favorite this holiday season!
What is a Double Chocolate Cookie you may ask? It’s a chocolate cookie with chocolate chips. It’s double the chocolate for people with the ultimate chocolate-loving sweet tooth! Our favorite thing about these easy double chocolate chip cookies is how quickly you can make them. In 30 minutes or less, you’ll have warm, homemade cookies on the table! You don’t need a mixer, just one bowl, and a wooden spoon or whisk.
Ingredients in Double Chocolate Chip Cookies
We always recommend using the best ingredients you can find so you create the most delicious, decadent cookie possible! Here are some notes on the ingredients that will produce absolute chocolate chip cookie heaven:
- Flour: We use whole wheat pastry flour, but you could also use white whole wheat or all-purpose flour.
- Unsweetened cocoa powder: If you have it handy try dutch-process cocoa powder, it will give you the richest chocolatey flavor possible. You may also use natural cocoa powder (Hershey's)
- Brown sugar: We used just brown sugar, not white, for these cookies to create the richest flavor possible.
- Maple syrup: This is a great way to add sweetness while also adding a robust depth of flavor!
- Chocolate chips: Use especially good quality here! We like 70% cocoa chocolate chips ( we like Wegman's brand, they are inexpensive and great tasting - Not sponsored)
- Tahini: Make sure you’re buying good quality tahini made from 100% sesame seeds! You read that right, there is tahini in these double chocolate chip cookies! Tahini is a paste made from ground sesame seeds that brings a nutty, deep, savory flavor that perfectly balances the sweetness of this cookie recipe.
- Egg or Flax egg: You can use one egg or substitute a flax egg to keep this recipe vegan!
- Coconut oil: This keeps your cookies moist and soft!
- Pink Himalayan Salt: For that irresistible sweet and salty combination.
The Difference Between Table Salt and Himalayan Pink Salt
It’s mostly about texture here ( and some trace mineral and that beautiful pink color)! We love using Himalayan Pink Sea Salt to sprinkle on top of each cookie. The contrast of the salty and sweet creates an absolutely addicting treat, and the texture of Himalayan salt is unbeatable! It’s coarse, flaky, and delectable.
Variations on Classic Cookie Recipe
There are a couple of fun additions you may want to consider as you gather ingredients!
- White chocolate chips
- Chopped roasted hazelnuts
- Small pieces of halva
- Crushed pretzels
- If you think of anything else, please feel free to add and share with us in the comments below
More Vegan Cookie Recipes
- Vegan Butter Cookies with Sparkling Sugar
- Peanut Butter Oatmeal Cookies
- Chocolate Chip Hemp Protein Cookies
- Chocolate Peppermint Pinwheel Cookies
- Almond Butter Cookies
- Orange Ginger Spice Cookies
- Cranberry Coconut Cookies
- Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Chocolate Chocolate Chip Cookies
More Chocolate Dessert Recipes
- Chocolate Bark with Pistachios and Tahini
- Chocolate Truffles low cal
- Chocolate Truffles Vegan
- Chocolate Peanut Butter Pretzel Tart
- Chocolate Glazed Banana Bread Donuts
- Chocolate Cupcakes Vegan
- Chocolate Chia Pudding Date Sweetened
- Chocolate Covered Hazelnuts Salted and Roasted
- Chocolate Tart with Raspberries Vegan
- Tahini Stuffed Dates Dipped in Chocolate
- Vegan Chocolate Cake
Did you like these double chocolate chip cookies ?
If you enjoyed this recipe. It would help us tremendously if you left us a star rating in the comments below or on the recipe card. Do you have any questions about the recipe or do you need a swap for any of the ingredients? We are here to help, just leave us a question in the comments below.Print
A cookie recipe that doesn't call for a hand mixer? Sign me in!! All you need to mix these double chocolate chip cookies is a wooden spoon (or whisk), so no beaters to clean up. A little sweet, a little salty, a little nutty, and super fudgy, they might become your new favorite this holiday season!
- 1 ¼ cup whole wheat pastry flour, you may use white whole wheat or all-purpose flour
- 4 tbsp unsweetened cocoa powder, divided
- ½ tsp baking powder
- ½ cup chocolate chips
- ½ cup coconut oil, melted
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- ¼ cup maple syrup
- 1 tsp natural vanilla extract
- 1 flax egg ( 1 tbsp ground flax + 3 tbsp water) or one large egg
- ⅓ cup tahini
- Himalayan pink salt, any other flaky salt or whatever salt you have on hand
- Preheat the oven to 375F. Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper
- Combine the flour, 2 tablespoons of the cocoa powder and baking powder in a medium bowl and sift. Add the chocolate chips and mix again. Set aside
- In a large bowl, whisk together the melted coconut oil and brown sugar until dissolved. Add the maple syrup, vanilla and the remaining 2 tablespoons of the cocoa powder and whisk well. Add the flax egg and continue whisking
- Add the flour mixture and mix using a wooden spoon, until just incorporated. Add the tahini and mix slightly, so it's not completely blended with the dough (so you can see tahini swirls )
- Scoop about 1 ½ tablespoons of dough per cookie and place them on the lined baking sheet, about an inch apart.
- Flatten them slightly with the palm of your hand and sprinkle some salt on top (to taste). Bake for 12 minutes (see note 1) and let them cool completely
- With this baking time, the cookies will be soft and fudgy. For dryer cookies, bake them for 2 extra minutes
- Store in an airtight container for 3-4 days.
- These cookies freeze really well in an airtight container. For that freshly baked taste microwave frozen cookies for 10-15 seconds and enjoy warm
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Baking
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 1 cookie
- Calories: 173
- Sugar: 8.7
- Sodium: 140
- Fat: 11.3
- Saturated Fat: 7
- Unsaturated Fat: 3
- Trans Fat: 0
- Carbohydrates: 17.7
- Fiber: 2.1
- Protein: 2.8
- Cholesterol: 0
Keywords: tahini, chocolate, chocolate chip cookies, cookies, pink salt