The delightful texture, the rich and natural sweetness of dates, and the decadence of cocoa powder allow you to indulge in this chocolate chia pudding with absolutely no guilt.
Chia Pudding Chocolate
When it comes to food trends, chia seeds are “hot.” Delicious and versatile sources of Omega-3 fatty acids and fiber, these little babies are a fabulous addition to all kinds of dishes - and the centerpiece to our delicious date sweetened chocolate chia pudding.
This chia pudding is genius for a few reasons:
Number one: while whole chia seeds are digestible, soaking them overnight causes them to form a gel that adds a delightful texture to chia pudding (kind of like tapioca or rice pudding, only with way fewer carbs). The dates add a rich and natural sweetness, combined with the decadence of cocoa powder. In other words, you get to indulge with absolutely no guilt.
Number two: the recipe is incredibly easy - just combine the chia seeds with a blend of non-dairy milk, dates, vanilla extract, cocoa powder and soak it all overnight. While you’re sleeping, actual magic will happen in your kitchen; delicious chia pudding will be waiting for you when you wake up! Before serving, just top it with berries or other seasonal fruit.
Number three: trendy, exotic chia seeds give you culinary cache. Serve chia pudding at dessert and wow everyone at the table - including the vegans and vegetarians. You can tell them that chia seeds help build endurance, aid with sleep, relieve cramps, increase satiety, maintain healthy cholesterol and stabilize blood sugar.
Easy, delicious, and healthy? Yes, please!
More Chocolate Desserts
- Double Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Chocolate Bark with Pistachios and Tahini
- Chocolate Truffles Vegan
- Chocolate Peanut Butter Pretzel Tart
- Chocolate Truffles Guilt Free
- Chocolate Glazed Banana Bread Donuts
- Chocolate Cupcakes Vegan
- Chocolate Covered Hazelnuts Salted and Roasted
- Chocolate Tart with Raspberries Vegan
- Tahini Stuffed Dates Dipped in Chocolate
- Vegan Chocolate Cake
Did you like this chocolate chia pudding?
Scroll down to the comments and leave us a rating! Your comments inspire us to keep creating recipes! Did you love the recipe? Share it or leave us a comment on Instagram, Twitter or Facebook! Wanna see more? Subscribe to our blog and remember to follow us on Pinterest and Instagram!Print
This smooth and creamy chia pudding recipe is made from chia seeds, unsweetened cocoa powder, dates, and almond milk creating a rich decadent chocolate chia puding perfect for breakfast, lunch, or dessert. Enjoy this pudding chia pudd.
- Combine the cocoa powder and chia seeds in a large bowl and set aside
- Combine the dates, almond milk and vanilla in a blender and blend until smooth. Pour over the cocoa chia mixture and whisk well until the cocoa has dissolved
- Divide it into 3 individual containers and refrigerate overnight, or until set. Top with your favorite berries
- Category: Dessert / Breakfast
- Method: raw
- Cuisine: Vegan
- Serving Size: ½ cup
- Calories: 237
- Sugar: 32
- Sodium: 97.1
- Fat: 6.8
- Saturated Fat: 1
- Unsaturated Fat: 5.3
- Trans Fat: 0
- Carbohydrates: 46.9
- Fiber: 10.2
- Protein: 5.3
- Cholesterol: 0
Keywords: chia seeds, chia pudding, dates, cocoa, vegan, gluten free, paleo