This Matcha Chia Pudding Breakfast with give you the boost of energy and nutrients you need to start your day with a bang!
We decided to put a new spin on the traditional chia pudding breakfast recipes we have seen circulating on the web, to help you change up your morning routine a little bit. Think of it as a chia pudding, with the volume turned up ( as Ina Garten would say!)
Here we have combined the benefits of chia seeds with the energy power of matcha green tea and protein, which makes for an antioxidant, nutrient, and fiber packed breakfast that will help you jump start your day.
Chia seeds are packed to the brim with omega 3 fatty acids, potassium and magnesium, and are great for increasing energy and improving digestion. By adding the antioxidants of the matcha powder and the natural nutrient and vitamin density the fruit and nuts, the result is a power breakfast that is not only delicious, but it can be prepared the night before. Mix it in container with a lid or a mason jar, and you’ll have a great grab and go breakfast or snack!
- 1 cup unsweetened almond milk (here we used So Delicious)
- 1 tbsp vegan protein powder
- 2 tsp matcha
- 1 tsp natural vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 tbsp chia seeds
- Seasonal fruit
- Combine almond milk, protein powder, matcha and vanilla in a shaker cup or a blender and mix well. Transfer to a bowl, add chia seeds and stir well. Refrigerate for at least 4 hours or overnight, stirring occasionally
- Top with your favorite fruit and nuts
- Category: Breakfast
- Cuisine: Kosher / Vegan