This six-ingredient nut free chocolate homemade granola recipe is sweet, crunchy, coconutty and insanely addictive! Packed with fiber and flavor, our Coconut Granola with vegan dark chocolate is a tropical mood-booster that is a healthy, filling treat on the go.
Granola recipes are turning up everywhere as the must-have “take along snack” for people on the go. Eaten dry with fruit, blended with probiotic yogurt, or mixed with almond, soy, or other non-dairy milks or juices; granola, it seems, is back for good!
Our six ingredient nut free chocolate coconut granola recipe is one you’ll make again and again for its combination of exotic flavors. Just 5 or 6 ingredients will transport you to faraway voyage to a tropical rainforest — oats, sweet dark maple syrup, coconut oil, shredded coconut, and salt. If you’re more adventurous, add in high-quality vanilla, dark mini chocolate chips, and sunflower seeds or pepitas (pumpkin seeds) for added protein — now, that’s deep, dark, and delicious!
We love any recipe that is vegan and gluten-free, and our Coconut Granola is so versatile and easy to make, you’ll want to have plenty on hand.
Prepare little snack bags or containers with our chocolate coconut granola to take to school or work or use it in some other interesting ways:
- Topping for ice cream
- Layered into fruit-yogurt parfaits
- Sprinkled on top of traditional oatmeal
- Added to hot chocolate
- Topping for smoothies bowls
- Topping for applesauce
- Sprinkled on top of thick veggie soups (omit chocolate)
- Eaten as a breakfast cereal
This week, why not place a big batch of coconut granola on the breakfast table, surround it with various bowls of fruit, yogurt, and non-dairy milk alternatives, and watch as your family reaches for second and third helpings! Who said breakfast has to be boring?
Did you like this granola recipe? Leave us a rating!
Wanna see more? Subscribe to our blog and remember to follow us on Pinterest!Print
This Homemade Granola Recipe is sweet, crunchy and coconutty! Packed with fiber and flavor, our Coconut Granola with vegan dark chocolate is a tropical mood-booster that is a healthy, filling treat on the go.
- 1 1/2 cups old-fashioned oats
- 1 cup unsweetened coconut flakes ( not shredded coconut)
- 1/4 cup virgin coconut oil, melted
- 1/3 cup maple syrup
- 1 tsp natural vanilla extract
- 1/8 tsp salt (optional)
- 1/3 cup mini chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 275F . Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper
- Combine all the ingredients, except the chocolate chips, in a large bowl and mix well, using a wooden spoon or your hands, so the oats and coconut are well coated with the oil and maple syrup
- Transfer it to the lined baking sheet and spread it in one single layer. Bake for 45 minutes, stirring every 15 so it bakes evenly
- Remove from the oven, let it cool completely, add the chocolate chips and toss well
This granola goes really well with dried tropical fruit, such as pineapple, mango or papaya!
- Serving Size: 1/4 cup
- Calories: 165
- Sugar: 9.2
- Sodium: 196.5
- Fat: 9.6
- Saturated Fat: 8
- Unsaturated Fat: 0.4
- Trans Fat: 0
- Carbohydrates: 18
- Fiber: 2.1
- Protein: 2
- Cholesterol: 0