“For every minute spent in organizing, an hour is earned”. To whoever wrote this quote, thank you very much for the tip. But you know what would really be helpful? If you could also tell me how to actually be organized. No, really. It’s easier said than done!
Of all the things that could make my life (a lot) easier, time management and organization are definitely on the top of my list. Because the truth is, I’m not good at neither.
And it’s not like I don’t try. Seriously, every morning I start my day with a plan, a list of things I want to get done and the best intention to accomplish all of them. Problem is, somewhere along the way, my plan magically disappears. It drives me crazy. And everyone around me too, for that matter.
So, I’ve decided, it’s time to do something about it. And in case “someone” (and by someone I mean my sister) doesn’t believe me, here’s the proof: it’s Monday; I have to leave the house by 7:45am; and breakfast is already waiting for me in the fridge. Yep, I actually thought about it and made it ahead of time. How’s that for being organized, uh?
Well, at least it’s a start. Baby steps J
Have a great Monday!
- Prep time: 7 minutes plus overnight refrigeration
- makes 4 cups
- 1 cup old fashioned oats
- 2 tbsp chia seeds
- 1 cup vanilla almond milk
- 2 organic apples
- 2 tbsp honey (vegans sub for maple syrup)
- 1 tsp freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 cup plain or vanilla greek yogurt ( vegans sub for vegan yogurt)
- 1 cup pomegranate seeds
- 4 tbsp toasted slivered almonds
- In a medium bowl, combine oats, chia seeds and almond milk
- In the meantime, peel and grate the apples. Add lemon juice and honey and mix well
- Add greek yogurt and apples to the oat mixture. Mix well and refrigerate overnight
- Before serving, top with 1/4 cup pomegranate seeds and 1 tbsp almonds
For a breakfast on the go prepare the oatmeal in individual glass jars.
Not pomegranate season? Add instead strawberries, blueberries, peaches or any fruit of your choice.
If you prefer to reduce the amount of sugar use unsweetened almond mil and unsweetened yogurt.
*For a vegan option you can use agave nectar or maple syrup and your favorite vegan yogurt