- 1 cup old fashioned oats
- 2 tbsp chia seeds
- 1 cup vanilla almond milk
- 2 organic apples
- 2 tbsp honey (vegans sub for maple syrup)
- 1 tsp freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 cup plain or vanilla greek yogurt ( vegans sub for vegan yogurt)
- 1 cup pomegranate seeds
- 4 tbsp toasted slivered almonds
- In a medium bowl, combine oats, chia seeds and almond milk
- In the meantime, peel and grate the apples. Add lemon juice and honey and mix well
- Add greek yogurt and apples to the oat mixture. Mix well and refrigerate overnight
- Before serving, top with 1/4 cup pomegranate seeds and 1 tbsp almonds
For a breakfast on the go prepare the oatmeal in individual glass jars.
Not pomegranate season? Add instead strawberries, blueberries, peaches or any fruit of your choice.
If you prefer to reduce the amount of sugar use unsweetened almond mil and unsweetened yogurt.