If you have 5 minutes before going to bed, you can have a delicious, healthy and filling overnight oat breakfast the next morning.
- 1 cup old fashioned oats
- 2 tbsp chia seeds
- 1 cup unsweetened vanilla almond milk or any plant-based milk of your choice
- 2 organic apples
- 2 tbsp honey (vegans sub for maple syrup or agave)
- 1 tsp freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 cup plain or vanilla greek yogurt (vegans sub for vegan yogurt)
- 1 cup pomegranate seeds
- 4 tbsp toasted slivered almonds
- In a medium bowl, combine oats, chia seeds and almond milk. Mix well and set aside
- Peel and grate the apples. Add lemon juice and honey and mix well
- Add greek yogurt and apples to the oat mixture. Mix well, cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate overnight. Alternatevely you can divide the mixture into 4 glass containers with a lid or even better divide into indidual containers in the morning when the oats are set.
- Before serving, top with 1/4 cup pomegranate seeds and 1 tbsp almonds per cup of overnight oats.
- For a breakfast on the go prepare the oatmeal in individual glass jars.
Not pomegranate season? Add strawberries, blueberries, peaches or any seasonal fruit.
- To reduce the amount of sugar use unsweetened almond milk and plain yogurt.
- Category: breakfast
- Method: raw
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 1 cup
- Calories: 309
- Sugar: 25.9
- Sodium: 65
- Fat: 8
- Saturated Fat: .9
- Unsaturated Fat: 2.9
- Trans Fat: 0
- Carbohydrates: 49.6
- Fiber: 9.3
- Protein: 11.2
- Cholesterol: 0
Keywords: gluten-free, kosher, overnight oats, easy breakfast, grab and go breakfast