And when life gives you chocolate… The possibilities are endless. And we’re not talking about just dessert!
What if we told you you could have chocolate for breakfast? It would be an awesome way to start your day, wouldn't it? Better yet, what if we told you it's possible to have a chocolaty breakfast that is actually good for you? And tastes good. AND can be made ahead of time? You'd probably think at this point, "ok where's the catch?"
Well, there's no catch. Just a hearty, filling, nutrient-packed and of course, chocolaty, breakfast that will leave you feeling like you started your day eating dessert. But without the guilt.
And because we love chocolate so much, we added a hefty amount of unsweetened cocoa powder here, and didn't add any sugar or sweetener other than what's in the vegan yogurt. Want it a bit less "intense"? Use less cocoa! Need it a tad sweeter? Add a tablespoon of agave or simply use sweetened almond milk. And if you're battling an uncontrollable chocolate craving, using chocolate almond milk will most definitely take care of it 🙂
Who says you cannot have chocolate for breakfast? These chocolate peanut butter overnight oats are the perfect grab-and-go breakfast.
- 2 cups oats
- 2 ½ cups unsweetened almond or coconut milk (here we used So Delicious)
- 2-6oz containers of flavored non-dairy yogurt (vanilla, coconut or chocolate works best here. We used So Delicious)
- 3-4 tbsp unsweetened cocoa powder (we use Navitas Cacao Powder)
- ¼ cup your favorite protein powder
- ¼ cup all-natural peanut butter
- ½ cup dry roasted peanuts, chopped ( optional)
- In a large bowl, combine oats, 2 cups of almond milk and non dairy yogurt. Mix well and set aside
- Warm up the remaining almond milk slightly. Add cocoa powder and protein powder and mix well until completely dissolved. Warm the peanut butter so you can easily mix it into the oats and pour everything into the oats and stir until well combined
- Refrigerate overnight. Add roasted peanuts right before serving. Garnish with your favorite berries.
- For a breakfast on the go prepare the oatmeal in individual glass jars.
- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Category: Breakfast
- Method: Raw
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: kosher, gluten-free, grab and go, make ahead