No time for breakfast? No problem! Prepare these Easy Overnight Oats at night (it won't take you more than 5 minutes!) and wake up to a nutritious breakfast that you can eat at home or take to go. So you don't have to skip the most important meal of the day!
You've seen them all over the internet lately. In all kinds of flavors, colors and presentations. But what are overnight oats ? In a few words, they're oats that have been soaked overnight in some kind of liquid that could be cow's or plant milk, yogurt of kefir, or a combination of both. The oats absorb the liquid overnight, so they expand and soften.
How to prepare overnight oats is quite simple (so calling them Easy Overnight Oats might sound redundant!) All you have to do combine the oats and your liquid of choice in a bowl and mix well. At this point, you add anything you'd like to them:
- Your favorite sweetener
- Fresh or dried fruit
- Nut butters
- All of the above!!
Cover the bowl with plastic wrap, refrigerate overnight and that's it!
Need some ideas? Check out these overnight oats recipes!
- Pumpkin Spice Latte Overnight Oats
- Cashew and Banana Overnight Oats
- "I don't have time for breakfast" Make Ahead Oatmeal
- Vegan Chocolate Peanut Make Ahead Oatmeal
For this particular recipe, we're taking advantage of the delicious figs that soon won't be available, and combining them we coconut, which we absolutely love. Cacao nibs add a satisfying chocolaty crunch, and chia seeds boost the nutritional value of this breakfast.
For our soaking liquid, we used Lifeway Coconut Kefir.
What is kefir?
Kefir is a tart and tangy cultured milk smoothie that is high in protein, calcium and
vitamin D. Lifeway uses an exclusive blend of kefir cultures, and each cup of contains 12
live and active cultures. It is also 99% lactose-free.
This is a sponsored post. All opinion are ours.Print
No time for breakfast? No problem! Prepare these Easy Overnight Oats at night (it won't take you more than 5 minutes!) and wake up to a nutritious breakfast that you can eat at home or take it to go. So you don't have to skip the most important meal of the day!
- 1 cup old fashioned oats
- 2 tbsp cocoa nibs ( use mini chocolate chips if you want it sweeter), plus extra for garnish (optional)
- 2 tbsp chia seeds
- 2 tbsp unsweetened shredded coconut
- 2 cups Lifeway Coconut Kefir
- 10 figs, sliced
- Combine the oats, cocoa nibs, chia seeds and shredded coconut in a medium bowl and mix well.
- Add the coconut kefir and stir well.
- Cover the bowl with plastic wrap and refrigerate overnight.
- Right before eating top with sliced figs, cacao nibs, or mini chocolate chips
- Category: breakfast
- Serving Size: ½ cup
- Calories: 249
- Sugar: 29
- Sodium: 52.3
- Fat: 5.2
- Saturated Fat: 3.6
- Carbohydrates: 45.1
- Fiber: 6.3
- Protein: 7.5
- Cholesterol: 12