Inspired by Smitten Kitchen’s Blueberry Crumb bars, our vegan, gluten-free blueberry raspberry bars are just as rich and decadent, and will satisfy your sweet cravings all year long!
Tips to make amazing Vegan Gluten-Free Blueberry Raspberry Bars
I came across Smitten Kitchen’s Blueberry Crumb bars a few weeks ago on Instagram, and was immediately drawn to them. Knowing how much everyone in our family loves blueberry pie, and anything with a crumb topping, I had to give them a try.
I happened to have all the ingredients in hand, except all-purpose flour. So I subbed gluten-free 1-to-1 all baking flour for it, and they came out perfect. Everyone loved them, although they felt they could have used a touch of tartness, and maybe more fruit.
So, I made them again, but this time, I added more fruit (also upped the amount of corn starch slightly), and subbed half of the blueberries for raspberries, to make it a bit more tart. I also veganized the recipe because, you know, that’s my thing!
The changes were fairly simple though:
- Instead of using just flour, I added almond meal and oats, but a bit of texture and richness
- I skipped the egg and used room temperature coconut oil instead of butter (cut the amount a bit, too)
- I also used brown sugar instead of granulated ( just because I happen to like) it better!
And that’s it! Can I say everyone loved them, too? 🙂
We used frozen fruit, so the recipe can be made all year long. Feel free to use fresh, if you’d like! And if you don’t mind your desserts extra sweet, ditch the raspberries and use just blueberries.
Other Blueberry Recipes You Will Love
- Vegan Lemon Blueberry Cake
- Frozen Blueberry Lemonade
- Meyer Lemon Blueberry Cake Donuts
- Lemon Blueberry Cake (Gluten-free )
- Coconut Blueberry Muffins
- Vegan Blueberry Crumble
- Blueberry Muffing Protein Grits
- Blueberry Corn Muffins
- Blueberry Banana Matcha Waffles
- Vegan Peach Blueberry Pie
- Blueberry Lime Frozen Margarita
- Paleo Blueberry Crisp
Did you like these blueberry raspberry bars? Leave us a rating! Did you love it? Share it or leave us a comment on Twitter or Facebook! Wanna see more? Subscribe to our blog and remember to follow us on Pinterest!Print
Inspired by Smitten Kitchen’s Blueberry Crumb bars, our vegan, gluten free blueberry raspberry bars are just as rich and decadent, and will satisfy you sweet cravings all year long!
- 2 cups oats, divided
- 1 cup 1-to-1 gluten free flour
- 1 cup almond meal
- 2/3 cup brown or granulated sugar
- 2/3 cup coconut oil, at room temperature
- Zest of 1 large lemon
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 2 1/2 cups frozen raspberries
- 2 1/2 cup frozen blueberries
- 2/3 cup brown sugar
- 1 tbsp corn starch
- Juice of 1 large lemon
- Preheat the oven to 375F. Generously grease a 9x13inch baking dish
- Combine 1 cup of the oats, flour, almond meal, 2/3 cup sugar, coconut oil, lemon zest and salt in the food processor, and pulse until all the ingredients come together and the oats are broken down. Transfer to a large bowl, add the remaining cup of oats and mix well, using your hands. Set aside
- Combine the raspberries, blueberries, brown sugar and corn starch in a large bowl and toss well, until coated. Add the lemon juice and mix well
- Firmly press half of the oat mixture into the greased baking dish. Spread the fruit mixture evenly, and crumble the remaining half of oat mixture on top. Bake in the lower rack for 45 minutes, until the top is golden brown (see note). Let it cool completely before cutting (they will be easier to cut if kept in the refrigerator)
We recommend using a clear baking dish, to make sure the bottom of the bars is done
- Serving Size: 1 bar
- Calories: 273
- Sugar: 16
- Sodium: 43.1
- Fat: 13
- Saturated Fat: 8.4
- Unsaturated Fat: 0.9
- Trans Fat: 0
- Carbohydrates: 34.2
- Fiber: 4.3
- Protein: 4.2
- Cholesterol: 0