I have a confession to make. I eat weird things. It’s not like I’m one of those fascinating people you see on TV. You know, those people who eat dirt or light bulbs or laundry detergent? No, I’m not that interesting. But let’s just say that when it comes to eating habits, I’m a bit “different” and I’ve gotten my fair share of “ewwws”, “ughs “ and “yuks”.
For instance, just the other day I ate an entire jar of horse radish. Plain. With a spoon. Why? I have no idea. I had a craving for it, so I ate it!
When I was a kid I would snack on bowls of shredded carrots smothered in mustard. And I’m suspecting that’s the reason why there was a slight orangey tint to my skin.
Cottage cheese and ketchup.
Toast with hemp protein and flax oil ( THAT you should try, is not only delicious, but really good for you!!!)
I’m actually obsessed with them. I add them to pretty much everything and I eat them in any way, shape or form. The preserved lemons we posted the other day? I eat them plain, right out of the jar. Delicious.
With that said, I have to tell you that I’ve never had a Big Mac in my life. Or a Twinkie. Or a milkshake for that matter (ok, I know what you’re thinking, I can see you rolling your eyes through the screen)
So, for all of you normal eaters out there, here’s a way I can share my lemon obsession with you in a non-weird way: frozen lemonade. With blueberries. Heaven in a glass, for (pretty much) everyone….
Have a great weekend
- 1 cup frozen blueberries
- ½ cup water
- 2 tbsp sugar
- Splash lemon juice
- 1 tsp corn starch
- 2 tsp water
- In a small sauce pan, combine blueberries, water, sugar and a splash of lemon juice. Bring to a boil.
- In a small bowl, mix 2 tsp water and cornstarch until combined.
- Add to blueberries and reduce heat. Cook for about 2 minutes until it thickens. Refrigerate to cool.
- 1 1/2 cups cold water
- 2/3 lemon
- 6 tbsp sugar
- 4 cups ice
- Combine lemon cold water, lemon juice and sugar in a blender. Blend for a few seconds until the sugar has dissolved.
- Add ice and blend until think and smooth. Pour in 2 large glasses.