Our quinoa salad recipe combines the sweetness of cranberries and apricots, the nuttiness of quinoa, and the deep and satisfying crunch of beautiful pomegranates and nuts. The gathering of so many powerful and nutrient-rich fruits and quinoa makes this salad one that can be served to your families again and again. One taste and they will be hooked!
A powerhouse recipe that brings a double dose of protein, its powerful blend of antioxidants and Vitamin C is all you need to keep winter sniffles at bay, thanks to seasonal oranges and pomegranates, and you’ll be amazed how it can brighten your mood and dinner table!
Why We Love This Recipe
- Quinoa is one of our favorite go-to superfoods. We always have some cooked quinoa in the fridge ready to make a salad or to serve as a side dish.
- It's flexible! Feel free to make our best quinoa salad recipe as is, or make it your own by adding your favorite ingredients. We recommend some variations below.
- The texture of the quinoa with pomegranate is an incredible combination!
Quinoa Salad Ingredients
- Cooked Quinoa.
- Dried Cranberries.
- Toasted Sliced Almonds.
- Unsulfured Dried Apricots.
- Shelled Pistachios.
- Toasted Hazelnuts.
- Pomegranate Seeds.
- Homemade Honey Mustard Lemon Dressing.
How to Make Quinoa Salad
This salad is incredibly easy to make and comes to gather fast if you already have cooked quinoa and toasted hazlenuts. Even if you have to start with these two steps, it doesn't take long, and the flavors are amazing! Once you have prepared your quinoa, toss all the ingredients in a bowl, then mix and add the dressing. Lunch is ready!
Variations for Quinoa Salad
Some other ingredient ideas you can add this salad are:
- Cooked mushrooms or vegetables such as red peppers.
- Fresh fruit such as grapes or apples.
- Sun-dried tomatoes or cherry tomatoes, halved.
- Kalamata olives, pitted and halved.
- Different nuts.
- Use fresh greens such as spinach, arugula, or shredded cabbage.
- Fresh herbs such as parsley, cilantro, or dill.
- Feta cheese or goat cheese.
- Roasted veggies such as butternut squash or sweet potato.
- Green onion or diced red onion.
- Red pepper flakes can be used to add heat.
- If you do not have quinoa, you can make this salad with whole-grain rice or cooked lentils.
- A lemon vinaigrette is great with this salad if you don't love mustard.
What to Serve with Quinoa Salad
Our delicious and super easy quinoa salad recipe with orange mustard dressing features quinoa, hazelnuts, pistachios, almonds, dried cranberries, dried apricots, and pomegranate seeds that can be served as either as a protein-rich lunch or dinner side dish with any of these recipes:
- A hot bowl of our High Protein Lasagna Soup
- Our super flavorful Lentil Meatless Meatballs with Tahini Turmeric Sauce
- Our Protein-Rich Easy Fennel and Bean Stuffed Eggplant
- Our Mediterranean-Inspired Kabocha Squash with Harissa Chickpeas
Frequently Asked Questions
How long can you keep quinoa salad in the fridge?
If refrigerated, you can keep the salad in an airtight container for up to five days. The quinoa may become soggy in the dressing. Keeping the salad and the dressing separate and only adding what you need to each serving will allow the salad to stay more palatable as a leftover.
Can quinoa salad be frozen?
No. Do not freeze a mixed quinoa salad. However, you can freeze cooked quinoa and then thaw it later to make it into a salad.
What dressing should I use with quinoa salad?
We love our homemade honey mustard dressing with this salad but understand that not everyone likes mustard. Any vinaigrette or acidic dressing for contrast will work nicely with the quinoa and pomegranates.
Is quinoa salad served hot or cold?
Serve the salad cold. If you want a warm quinoa dish, try this Quinoa Soup with Cannellini Beans & Kale
Other Easy Salad Recipes
- Tangy Avocado Cucumber Salad
- Sweet and Savory Mango Salad
- Filling Israeli Salad Quinoa Bowl
- Out of the box Broccoli Salad
- Fresh Greek Pasta Salad
- Summery Cucumber Tomato Salad
- Quinoa Tabbouleh.
Did You Like Our Quinoa Salad Recipe? Let us know in the comments!
If you enjoyed this recipe, it would help us tremendously if you left us a star rating in the comments below or on the recipe card. Do you have any questions about the recipe? Do you need a swap for any of the ingredients? We are here to help, just leave us a question in the comments below.Print
A Powerhouse Quinoa Salad Recipe that brings a double dose of Protein and Antioxidants
3 ½ cups cooked quinoa ( for instructions on how to cook quinoa, click HERE)
⅓ cup dried cranberries
¼ cup toasted sliced almonds
10 unsulfured dried apricots, quartered
¼ cup shelled pistachios
¼ cup toasted hazelnuts ( for instructions on how to toast hazelnuts, click HERE)
⅔ cups pomegranate seeds ( about one small-medium pomegranate)
3- 4 tablespoon freshly squeezed lemon juice
3 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
3 tbsp orange juice
Orange zest (1 orange)
2 tbsp honey mustard ( for a vegan option, use your favorite mustard and add 2 tsp maple syrup)
1 tbsp brown mustard
1 tbsp grain mustard
⅛ tsp salt
- Mix all the salad ingredients in a large bowl
- To prepare the dressing, combine all the ingredients in a glass jar with a tight lid. Shake it until smooth and creamy smooth. Pour over the salad before serving
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 25 minutes
- Category: Salad
- Method: Cook
- Cuisine: Vegan and Gluten Free
- Serving Size: 1 cup
- Calories: 445
- Sugar: 21.4
- Sodium: 770
- Fat: 22
- Saturated Fat: 2.5
- Unsaturated Fat: 18
- Trans Fat: 0
- Carbohydrates: 54.8
- Fiber: 8.3
- Protein: 10.3
- Cholesterol: 0
Keywords: quinoa, salad, pomegranate, nuts, lunch, dinner, vegan, gluten free