This Avocado Mango Salad is fresh, colorful, and full of flavor. This dish is packed with fresh herbs, sweet mango, creamy avocado, crunchy almonds, and a touch of lime. It also doubles as a mango salsa!
Easy Mango Salad
This mango salad is simplicity at its best! If you're looking for a quick, super flavorful side dish or appetizer to jazz up your any-occasion dinner, this avocado mango salsa is exactly what you're looking for.
It's also a great addition to barbecues and picnics, and it even makes a fresh light lunch. Just add your favorite protein (we love it with our spiced tofu!), a few chips or crackers, and you're done!
What's In Mango Avocado Salad?
For the complete list of ingredients, check out the printable recipe card at the bottom of this post. First, here are some tips and additional information about the ingredients we used.
- Fresh Dill - This is what gives the salsa the irresistible bite! Dried dill doesn't have the same flavor, so use fresh herbs.
- Cilantro - If you don't like the taste of fresh cilantro, you can use fresh parsley in its place.
- Basil - Again, dried basil can work if that is all you have, but fresh herbs have so much more flavor. I highly recommend using fresh where possible!
- Mangos - In a pinch, you can use frozen mangos if you let them thaw beforehand, but I suggest eating fresh fruit. It has a much better texture and is incredibly sweet.
- Avocado - The taste and texture of the avocado will balance out the sweetness of the mangos. You only need one avocado...a little goes a long way!
- Almonds - The nuts are optional, but they add more healthy fats and protein and turn this salsa into a filling salad.
- Lemon Juice - Use fresh lemon juice if you can for the best flavor possible. You can also use lime juice instead of lemon for extra zest.
- Olive Oil - Another choice is to use avocado oil instead of olive oil.
- Salt - The salt will bring out the natural sweetness of the mangos. Again, just a dash makes a big difference!
How To Make Mango Salad
Making this raw mango salad couldn't be easier. All you need to do is chop up the ingredients and combine them together.
If you want to save even more time preparing this salad, use a food processor to chop the herbs. They will be ready in a flash! And for a quick and easy way to cut a mango, check this out:
Simply slice the sides of the mango as close to the pit as you can, score the fleshy part with a sharp knife, and use a spoon to scoop it out.
Can I Make Mango Salsa Ahead of Time?
To prepare the Avocado Mango Salsa ahead of time, chop all the herbs and dice the mango and keep them in the fridge in separate containers.
Right before serving, transfer them to a bowl, add the avocado, almonds, lime, or lemon juice and salt, and toss well.
How to Store Mango Salsa
This is a dish best enjoyed fresh. However, if you find you have some extras leftover, drain it, then put it in an airtight container. Leftover salsa will keep in the fridge for up to 3 days.
More Recipes with Mango
Have extra mango? Use it to make one of these delicious recipes:
- Jicama Mango Salad
- Jamaican Jerk Tempeh Mango Bowl
- King Oyster Mushroom & Mango Avocado Salsa Cups
- Avocado, Mango, Chili, and Lime Tofu Tacos
- Pistachio and Buckwheat Pancakes with Fresh Mango
This Avocado Mango Salsa is fresh, colorful, and full of flavor. Packed with fresh herbs, sweet mango, creamy avocado, and crunchy almonds, and a touch of lime. It also doubles as a mango salad!
- 1 cup chopped fresh dill
- 1 cup chopped fresh cilantro o parsley
- ½ cup chopped fresh basil
- 2 large mangoes, diced
- 1 Hass avocado, diced
- 3 tbsp toasted slivered almonds
- 2-3 tbsp freshly squeezed lemon juice or lime juice
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- ½ tsp salt
- Combine all the ingredients in a bowl and toss well. Serve immediately
- To prepare the Avocado Mango Salad ahead of time, chop all the herbs and dice the mango and keep them in the fridge in separate containers.
- Right before serving, transfer them to a bowl, add the avocado, almonds, lime, or lemon juice and salt, and toss well.
- Enjoy this mango salad fresh. if you have any leftover, drain it and store it in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 3 days.
- Prep Time: 20
- Category: Salad
- Method: Raw
- Cuisine: Mexican
- Serving Size: 1 cup
- Calories: 188
- Sugar: 8
- Sodium: 204
- Fat: 15
- Saturated Fat: 1.8
- Unsaturated Fat: 10
- Trans Fat: 0
- Carbohydrates: 14
- Fiber: 5
- Protein: 4
- Cholesterol: 0
Keywords: gluten-free, vegetarian, kosher
This post was originally published on September 10, 2017. It has been updated and modified with more useful information.