Rich, creamy, and full of flavor, our cauliflower soup recipe is perfect for when you don’t feel like spending hours at the stove! Great as a winter or summer soup, enjoy it hot or cold!
Magical Cauliflower Soup Recipe
We don’t believe in magic (except in Harry Potter), but in our muggle world, turmeric is as magical as you can get. Ginger’s sassy cousin, turmeric is an unmistakable spice that adds a distinctive kick to anything you add it to. Which is why we made it the not-so-secret ingredient to our turmeric zucchini cauliflower soup.
This cauliflower soup, in our humble opinion, is among our most delicious and versatile. Serve it hot, serve it cold, make extra and give some to a neighbor you want to like you. No matter how you eat it, you’ll be sad when the bowl is empty. (Pro tip: double the recipe).
The key to this cauliflower soup is - surprise! - Cauliflower, the world’s most delightful vegetable. Not only is it delicious on its own, but cauliflower is also a nutrient-rich sponge that soaks up the flavors it’s cooked with - like, say, turmeric, and the aromatic blend of onion, zucchini, fresh ginger, and coconut milk that make up our soup.
You can eat cauliflower raw, you can also bake it, roast it, or, of course, whip it into cauliflower soup. (By the way, if you are trying to cut carbs, cauliflower is a vegetable you’ll want to get to know. You can chop it into “rice,” mash it like a potato, or mix it with eggs for pizza crust.)
Preparing Cauliflower Soup is a breeze - another plus for when you don’t feel like spending hours at the stove in the summer. The same goes for our Authentic Spanish Gazpacho and Creamy Vegan Corn Soup With Basil and Pine Nuts
For an extra dash of fabulous, you can garnish the cauliflower soup with some of these flavorful extras:
One last step before serving: call and invite us over!
Other Delicious Caulifower Recipes for You
- Saffron Infused Cauliflower Soup with Sumac Oil
- Quinoa Cauliflower Meatballs in Coconut Turmeric Broth
- Cauliflower Steak
- Roasted Cauliflower Salad
- Cauliflower Tacos
- Buffalo Cauliflower
- Harissa Cauliflower Bowl
- Cauliflower Sheet Pan Dinner
- Mashed Cauliflower
- Turmeric Ginger Cauliflower Soup
Did you like our cauliflower soup recipe?
Scroll down to the comments and leave us a rating! Your comments inspire us to keep creating recipes! Did you love the recipe? Share it or leave us a comment on Instagram, Twitter or Facebook! Wanna see more? Subscribe to our blog and remember to follow us on Pinterest and Instagram!Print
Rich, creamy and full of flavor, our cauliflower soup recipe is perfect for when you don’t feel like spending hours at the stove! Great as a winter or summer soup, enjoy it hot or cold!
1 tbsp olive oil
1 large sweet onion, diced
2 lbs zucchini, diced
2 lbs frozen cauliflower, thawed
1-inch piece of fresh ginger, minced or grated
1 tsp turmeric
1 tsp salt
⅛ tsp black pepper (or to taste)
6 cups vegetable broth or water
½ of a 13.5oz can full-fat coconut milk
Aleppo pepper to taste (optional)
- Heat the olive oil in a large soup pot. Add the onion and saute over medium heat for 3-5 minutes, or until translucent
- Add the zucchini, cauliflower, ginger, turmeric, salt and pepper, and continue cooking for 2-3 more minutes, stirring often. Add the broth or water, bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer, covered, for about 20 minutes, or until the cauliflower is tender. Let it cool slightly
- Transfer to a blender, and blend until smooth ( make sure to put a kitchen towel over the lid, in case the hot liquid splashes)
- Add coconut milk, mix well.
- Serve hot or cold. If desired, top with crushed Aleppo pepper or see note 1 for more options
- Category: soup
- Method: Stove top
- Cuisine: Vegan
- Serving Size: 1 ½ cups
- Calories: 101
- Sugar: 5.6
- Sodium: 657.3
- Fat: 6.3
- Saturated Fat: 4.1
- Unsaturated Fat: 1.6
- Trans Fat: 0
- Carbohydrates: 10.3
- Fiber: 3.2
- Protein: 3.8
- Cholesterol: 0
Keywords: vegan, gluten free, caulilower, zucchini, coconut milk, soup, turmeric