Nothing like a cold and refreshing bowl of authentic Spanish Gazpacho to cool off this summer. The Authentic gazpacho recipe from Spain is cold, refreshing and silky smooth not chunky. You can add some crunch with some fresh cut tomatoes, cucumbers, peppers and freshly made croutons.
Summer hasn't officially started yet, but it sure feels like it! School is almost over, pool is open and it's been insanely hot for the past few weeks. And we've made our first batch of authentic Spanish gazpacho recipe. Now that is the true sign that says summer is here!
The authentic Spanish Gazpacho is a cold soup made from tomatoes, cucumbers, red bell peppers and garlic and seasoned with olive oil, vinegar and salt. As far as we're concerned, this is the only cold soup that can be labeled "gazpacho"! And every summer, our mom would make it from the fresh veggies our dad would bring from his garden.
And since it's Father's Day, we thought it would be he perfect time to share our gazpacho recipe again 🙂
Hope you enjoy it!
We took this picture last summer when our entire family met in Barcelona for a wedding. The kids had a blast picking fruits and vegetables from Papi's garden! And all those tomatoes you see went straight into the blender as soon as we got home!!
Nothing like a cold and refreshing bowl of authentic Spanish Gazpacho to cool off this summer. Authentic gazpacho from Spain is silky and smooth not chunky. You can add some crunch with some fresh cut tomatoes, cucumbers, peppers and fresh made croutons.
- 3 medium red bell peppers, roughly chopped
- 3 large cucumbers, peeled and roughly chopped
- 12 medium ripe tomatoes, roughly chopped
- 1 large clove garlic (optional)
- 2 cups water
- 3/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup + 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 tsp salt or to taste
- 1/4 cup + 2 tbsp plain bread crumbs
- Home made croutons
- 1 large french baguette
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 tsp salt or to taste
- Place all the ingredients in a blender (depending on the size of the jar, you may have to do it in several batches). Blend until smooth
- Pour through a fine mesh strainer to get rid of tomato and pepper skin and cucumber seeds.
- Chill for a couple of hours before serving.
- Serve with home made croutons
- Home made croutons
- Dice the baguette and place in a large bowl
- Drizzle with olive oil and season with salt. Spread the bread cubes on a cookie sheet lined with tin foil in one single layer
- Bake at 400F for 20 minutes or until golden brown
- Serve on top of the gazpacho.
- Enjoy! From May I have that recipe
You can also add freshly diced cucumbers, tomatoes and pepper in addition to the the croutons.
- Category: cold soup
- Method: No cook
- Cuisine: Spanish
- Serving Size: 1 cup
- Calories: 125
- Sugar: 1
- Sodium: 197
- Fat: 11
- Saturated Fat: 2
- Trans Fat: 0
- Carbohydrates: 7
- Fiber: 2
- Protein: 2
- Cholesterol: 0