Spiced Chickpeas are tossed with avocado and tomatoes in this amazing and easy chickpea salad.
Quick and Easy Tomato Avocado Chickpea Salad
In our opinion, chickpeas are hugely underrated. First of all, there is nothing more fun to say than their official name – Garbanzo beans – which sounds like a character on “The Muppet Show.” Secondly, these protein-packed legumes are delicious, satisfying, and incredibly
versatile; they can be smoothed into hummus, roasted into a crunchy snack, or, our personal favorite, seasoned with turmeric, cumin, salt, and olive oil, and tossed into our amazing tomato avocado and chickpea salad. Most importantly, did you know that chickpeas have magical powers? That’s right. Studies have shown that high-fiber chickpeas can lower blood glucose levels in people with diabetes, lower the risk of heart disease, promote a healthy digestive tract, and help build bones.
So let’s make a chickpea salad, shall we?
1. Mix turmeric, cumin, salt, pepper and olive oil with canned chickpeas, quick and easy!
2. Toss with olive oil
3. Add tomatoes
4. If you feel fancy ball your avocado, if not, just cut it in cubes
Chickpea salad is one of our favorite summer meals because it’s light but filling; you get all the refreshing flavor of cool tomato, the creamy deliciousness of avocado, and the satisfaction from the hefty protein of chickpeas (plus, we scoop the avocado out with a melon baller, so it’s pretty). Better eat it up before someone else does!
Did you like this chickpea salad? Leave us a rating! Did you love it? Share it or leave us a comment on Twitter or Facebook! Wanna see more? Subscribe to our blog and remember to follow us on Pinterest!Print
Dressed simply with salt, olive oil, and lemon, chickpea salad makes a delicious lunch, dinner, or a yummy side.
- 1– 15.5oz can chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 4 tsp extra virgin olive oil, divided
- 1/2 tsp turmeric
- 1/4 tsp cumin
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/8 tsp black pepper
- 1 pint grape tomatoes, sliced in half
- 1 large Hass avocado, diced or scooped out with a melon baller
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley or cilantro
- 2 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Combine the chickpeas, 2 teaspoons of the olive oil, turmeric, cumin and a 1/4 teaspoon of salt in a large bowl and toss well, until well coated. Add the rest of the ingredients except for the avocado and toss again. Refrigerate.
- Right before you are ready to serve this chickpea salad, cut or ball the avocado, toss gently and serve immediately.
- Serving Size: 1 cup
- Calories: 206
- Sugar: 2.1
- Sodium: 598.8
- Fat: 12.2
- Saturated Fat: 1.6
- Unsaturated Fat: 9.3
- Trans Fat: 0
- Carbohydrates: 20.5
- Fiber: 8
- Protein: 6.7
- Cholesterol: 0