Even meat-eaters will absolutely love these Vegan Gluten-Free Chickpea Tacos! A great addition to everyone's taco recipe repertoire 😉 Bright, colorful, finger-licking, vegan gluten-free chickpea tacos to brighten your day. All wrapped in a corn tortilla and topped with a garlicky coconut milk yogurt cilantro sauce.
Happy Cinco de Mayo! It is May 5th, right? We had to double-check since we haven't seen the sun in over a week and we're still wearing coats over here! So instead of frozen margaritas by the pool, it feels more like hot toddies by the fireplace...
But we're not gonna let Mother Nature (literally) rain on our parade. We've got tacos over here. Bright, colorful, finger-licking, vegan gluten-free chickpea tacos to brighten our day. Loaded with cilantro and warming spices, creamy avocado, sweet corn and juicy tomatoes. All wrapped in a corn tortilla and topped with a garlicky coconut milk yogurt cilantro sauce. Add a couple (or ten) of squirts of sriracha or green dragon hot sauce to make it even better, and done! You got all you need to kick the May winter blues to the curb, where they belong.
And if you need more ideas for your Cinco de Mayo celebration, how about these??
- Yuca cups with guacamole
- Tostones with bean salsa
- Mexican style vegan pizza
- Fresh summer corn salsa
- Plantain stuffed jalapeño peppers
- Passion fruit sangria
- Watermelon limeade
Do you need more recipe ideas for vegan tacos?
- Roasted Yellow and Purple Cauliflower Tacos
- Avocado, Mango, Chili Lime Tofu Vegan Tacos - Gluten-Free
- Chipotle Hummus & Roasted Vegetable Healthy Tacos
- Butternut Squash Vegan Tacos
- Beet and Sweet Potato Tacos
- Tacos al Pastor
- Shawarma Veggie Tacos with Tahini Guacamole
- Buffalo Cauliflower Tacos
Even meat eaters will absolutely love these Vegan Gluten Free Chickpea Tacos ! A great addition to everyone's taco recipe repertoire 😉 Bright, colorful, finger licking, vegan gluten free chickpea tacos to brighten your day. All wrapped in a corn tortilla and topped with a garlicky coconut milk yogurt cilantro sauce.
- 2-15.5 oz can organic chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 2 tsp extra virgin olive oil
- ½ tsp smoked paprika
- ½ tsp sweet paprika
- ½ tsp cumin
- ½ tsp salt or to taste
- 1 cup fresh chopped cilantro ( set aside 2 tsp for the yogurt sauce)
- 24 grape tomatoes sliced in half
- 1 cup shredded purple cabbage
- 2 avocado, diced ( squeeze some lemon or lime on it to keep it from turning brown)
- 1 ¼ cups corn kernels ( you can use fresh or frozen)
- 6 corn tortillas
- Sriracha sauce to taste (optional)
- Green Dragon Hot Sauce (optional)
- COCONUT YOGURT SAUCE
- ½ cup So Delicious Unsweetened Cultured Coconut Milk
- ⅛ - ¼ tsp salt (or to taste)
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 tsp chopped cilantro
- 2 tsp fresh squeezed lime juice
- Heat olive oil in a large non-stick skillet. Add chickpeas, smoked and sweet paprika, cumin and salt. Cook over medium heat for 2 minutes, stirring often so the chickpeas are well coated with the spices. Add cilantro, toss well and continue cooking for another 3 minutes. Set aside
- To prepare the sauce, whisk all the ingredients together until well combined. Refrigerate until ready to use
- To assemble the tacos, fill each tortilla with chickpeas and the rest of the ingredients. Drizzle with yogurt sauce and sriracha or green dragon sauce if using
- Category: Vegan, gluten Free, vegetarian
- Cuisine: Mexican