Beet And Sweet Potato Fall Tacos – Nutty Corn tortillas are topped with creamy avocado, roasted beets, sweet potatoes, crunchy apples and if you choose to spice it up drizzle sriracha all over these fall tacos.
Good food that is good for you? I’ll take that, any day!
That has been our goal since we started this blog four and a half years ago. To bring you vegan and vegetarian recipes that not only taste good, but also have some nutritional value.
Of course we don’t ALWAYS achieve that (we all need a little dessert to brighten up our day every now and then, right??), but for the most part, we’ve done pretty well… Or at least we think so!
We’ve definitely done it with this recipe though. We’ve gathered some of our favorite fall ingredients, that also happen to rank pretty high in the “good for you” food list and created this delicious taco: sweet potatoes, hearty beets, crunchy apples and of course, super creamy avocado.
So tasty and satisfying, you will not miss the meat one bit. And to make it even better, super easy to prepare. No fancy ingredients, ready in a little over 30 minuts and perfect to make ahead.
Beet And Sweet Potato Tacos – Nutty Corn tortillas are topped with creamy avocado, roasted beets, sweet potatoes, crunchy apples and if you choose to spice it up drizzle sriracha all over these fall tacos. All the fall flavors we love wrapped on a soft, chewy corn tortilla!
- 1 large sweet potato
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/8 tsp black pepper
- 3 roasted beets ( you can buy them pre cooked, such as Love Beets or roast them at home)
- 1 granny smith apple
- 1 avocado
- 6 tsp sunflower seeds (1 teaspoon per taco or to taste)
- 2 limes
- 6 soft corn tortillas (here we usedDel Campo tortillas)
- Sriracha to taste
- Preheat oven to 375F. Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper or aluminum foil 35 min
- Peel and dice the sweet potato into medium size pieces. Transfer to a bowl, add olive oil, salt and pepper and toss well to coat. Arrange them onto the lined baking sheet in one layer and bake for 35 minutes or until tender, but not mushy. Set aside
- Dice the beets and apple into medium size pieces ( try to have all the veggies cut approximately the same size)
- Mash the avocado with the juice of 1 lime and salt to taste
- To assemble the tacos, spread a layer of mashed avocado on each tortilla. Arrange a few pieces of diced sweet potato, beet an apple, sprinkle with sunflower seeds and top with a squeeze of lime juice and sriracha to taste
- Serving Size: 1 taco
- Calories: 197
- Sugar: 7
- Sodium: 156
- Fat: 8.4
- Saturated Fat: 1
- Unsaturated Fat: 6
- Trans Fat: 0
- Carbohydrates: 30
- Fiber: 7
- Protein: 4
- Cholesterol: 0