No matter how many batches of sweet potato fries me make, our family always wants more. That’s how good our baked sweet potato fries are!
These sweet potato fries are insanely delicious, sweet, savory and healthier than any French fries you might get at a fast-food joint, or in the frozen section of the grocery store.
Tips on how to make baked sweet potato fries
- Cut the sweet potatoes fries about 1/4 ” thick.
- Season simply with salt and olive oil, or add any other spice or herb you may like.
- We love the combination of sumac and oregano, but you can any spice, from add za’atar, to smoked paprika, garam masala, shawarma seasoning, thyme, and chili powder. The possibilities are endless!
- Always line your baking sheet with parchment paper, so the fries don’t stick to the pan.
- Bake the sweet potatoes in a single layer without crowding the pan. You want the sweet potato fries to caramelize, not steam.
- Bake them at 400F until caramelized. You can also broil them for 2-4 minutes, to get some additional crispy edges, but make sure to check them every minute because they can go from crisp to burnt in no time under the broiler.
- Serve our baked sweet potato fries with Black Bean Chili ,our Avocado Chickpea Salad or any of our veggie burgers.
- Slice sweet potatoes in rounds
- Cut them into French fries shape
- Add oil, salt and seasoning (if using)
Are Sweet Potatoes Healthy?
Sweet potatoes are a superfood. They’re a great source of vitamins and minerals, and they have a low glycemic index. They are high in fiber, Vitamin B, Vitamin C, Vitamin A, iron, potassium, calcium, selenium, manganese and magnesium. And as a bonus, they taste great!
Other Awesome Sweet Potato Recipes
- Creamy vegan sweet potato soup
- Peanut soup with spinach and sweet potatoes
- Sweet potato brownies with halva glaze
- Three-bean sweet potato chili
- Stuffed sweet potatoes
- Sweet potato biscuits
- Sweet Potato Tacos
Did you like these baked sweet potato fries ? Scroll down to the comments and leave us a rating! Did you love it? Share it or leave us a comment on Instagram, Twitter or Facebook! Wanna see more? Subscribe to our blog and remember to follow us on Pinterest!Print
No matter how many batches of sweet potatoes fries me make, our family always wants more. That’s how good our baked sweet potato fries are!
- 3 medium-size sweet potatoes, cut into French fries shape, about 1/4″ thick (check out the images above for guidance)
- 3 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp sumac
- 1/2 tsp oregano
- Preheat the oven to 400F. Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper
- Place the cut sweet potatoes, olive oil, salt, sumac and oregano in a large bowl and toss well to coat
- Place the sweet potatoes in a single layer on the prepared baking sheet. Do not crowd the pan (you might need to use a second baking sheet)
- Bake for 45 minutes or until soft and caramelized. For crispier edges, broil the sweet potatoes for 2-4 minutes, making sure to check them every minute because they can go from crisp to burnt in no time under the broiler. Serve warm
- Serving Size: 1/2 cup
- Calories: 117
- Sugar: 2.8
- Sodium: 424
- Fat: 7
- Saturated Fat: 1
- Unsaturated Fat: 5
- Trans Fat: 0
- Carbohydrates: 13
- Fiber: 2
- Protein: 1
- Cholesterol: 0