Serve this hearty black bean chili at your Super Bowl Party, Sunday family gathering, or any night of the week when you need a healthy stick-to-your-ribs meal.
No matter how many times we serve a black bean dish, we hear cheers of joy from our family. These sweet little beans go well with greens, fruits, sweet potatoes, squash – just about anything – and it seems everyone has a different go-to addition to our black bean dishes!
The boys especially love this black bean vegan chili, because it’s super tasty, hearty and filling! We love it because it’s packed with plant based protein, fiber and veggies. And you know what else? We love the fact that it’s ready in 30 minutes! Our secret weapon? Dorot Gardens Sautéed Glazed Onions and Cilantro. They’re always in our freezer, ready to use when we need them, because they pretty much cut our prep time in half. So incredibly convenient!!
When serving our vegan chili, we like to put out a toppings bar for everyone to add in their favorite condiments:
- Diced avocados
- Fresh or pickled jalapeño slices
- Fresh or pickled red onions
- Vegan or dairy Greek yogurt
- Fresh mango or pineapple
- Sriracha or other hot sauces
- Sweet peach mango or spicy salsa.
- Fresh cilantro
And of course, a huge bowl of tortilla or plantain chips, to scoop out all the goodness.
Did you like this vegan chili ? Leave us a rating! Did you love it? Share it or leave us a comment on Twitter or Facebook! Wanna see more? Subscribe to our blog and remember to follow us on Pinterest!
This post is sponsored by Dorot Gardens. All opinions are our own. Thank you for supporting the brands that keep the “May I have That Recipe” sisters cooking!Print
Serve this hearty chili at your Super Bowl Party, Sunday family gathering, or any night of the week when you need a healthy stick-to-your-ribs meal.
- 3 cubes Dorot Gardens Sauteed Glazed Onions
- 1-4oz can fire roasted diced green chilies
- 1 tbsp chili powder
- 2 tsp oregano
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp salt
- 1-28 oz can fire roasted diced tomatoes ( see note 1)
- 2-15.5oz cans organic black beans (see note 2)
- 1 cup frozen corn kernels
- 4 cubes Dorot Gardens Cilantro
- For garnish: diced avocado, tomatoes, sliced jalapeño peppers
- Place a large soup pot on the stove over medium heat. Add the onions and cook for 2 minutes. Add the fire roasted chilies, and cook for another 2 minutes. Add the chili powder, oregano, cumin and salt and keep cooking for 2 more minutes
- Add the diced tomatoes, corn and cilantro. Bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer for 20 minutes
- If you don’t have Fire roasted tomatoes you can used plain diced tomatoes
- Use one full can of beans (water included), and drain the other one, reserving the water. You can add the water to the chili if you like it less thick.
- Serving Size: 1 cup
- Calories: 199
- Sugar: 6.8
- Sodium: 728
- Fat: 1.2
- Saturated Fat: .3
- Unsaturated Fat: .8
- Trans Fat: 0
- Carbohydrates: 39
- Fiber: 14
- Protein: 11
- Cholesterol: 0