These incredible veggie tacos combine deep umami tastes of portabella mushrooms, Middle Eastern spices and luscious tahini guacamole.
Take Taco Tuesday up a notch with our delicious and wonderfully exotic shawarma veggie tacos! Using a simple blend of fresh ingredients and spices, we should show you how to put together a meal that will please Mexican, Middle Eastern, and clean-eating foodies alike.
The shawarma filling is made from meaty portabella mushrooms. We prepare our own shawarma spice blend combining paprika, allspice, cumin, turmeric, cinnamon, ginger, garlic and onion, but you can use a pre-made mix if you have it in hand. If making your own, you can change the ratio of the spices to fit your own taste! The spice mix gives the mushrooms an intense punch of flavor that makes these veggie tacos incredibly satisfying.
Add a touch of decadence to your tacos with Mighty Sesame Squeezable Tahini in a tube. This award-winning gourmet tahini uses the highest-quality organic, slow-roasted sesame seeds, providing a rich flavor and healthy smooth consistency. The squeeze tube application makes use so easy, and one taste will have you adding Mighty Sesame Tahini to everything from salads, mashed potatoes, sandwiches, and more. For our veggie tacos, we prepared a rich, decadent tahini guacamole to (generously) coat the bottom of our tortillas
This post is sponsored by Mighty Sesame Co. All opinions are our own. Thank you for supporting the brands that keep the “May I have That Recipe” sisters cooking!
Saute, spiced mushrooms
Spread tahini guacamole on a tortilla
Add veggies and fold and enjoy!
Freshly chopped cucumbers, tomatoes and cilantro add the right amount of freshness and bring out the flavor of the tahini and shawarma spices, You can also chop red onions, cucumbers, red and green peppers, or other vegetables.
Serve these shawarma veggie tacos with a big bowl of Light Mexican No-chicken Soup for a full meal.
Did you like these veggie tacos ? Scroll down to the comments and leave us a rating! Did you love it? Share it or leave us a comment on Instagram, Twitter or Facebook! Wanna see more? Subscribe to our blog and remember to follow us on Pinterest!
This post is sponsored by Mighty Sesame Co. All opinions are our own. Thank you for supporting the brands that keep the “May I have That Recipe” sisters cooking!Print
These incredible veggie tacos combine deep umami tastes of portabella mushrooms, Middle Eastern spices and a luscious tahini guacamole. Perfect for your Big Game celebration!
- For the shawarma spice mix:
- 2 tsp sweet paprika
- ½ tsp allspice
- ½ tsp cumin
- ½ tsp turmeric
- ¼ tsp cinnamon
- ¼ tsp garlic powder
- ¼ tsp onion powder
- ¼ tsp ginger powder
- For the tahini guacamole:
- 2 ripe avocados
- 2 tbsp Mighty Sesame Co. Tahini
- 1 tbsp freshly squeezed lemon juice
- ¼ tsp salt
- For the tacos:
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 16oz portabella mushrooms, sliced thick (about ¾ inch slices )
- ¼ to ½ tsp salt (to taste)
- 3 cucumbers, peeled and diced
- ½ pint grape tomatoes, cut into quarters
- 6 corn or flour tortillas (taco size)
- Fresh cilantro for garnish (optional)
- Combine all the ingredients of the spice mix in a small bowl and set aside
- To prepare the tahini guacamole, cut the avocados in half, remove the pit and scoop the flesh out using a spoon. Place it in a medium size bowl and mash it with a fork. Add the tahini, lemon juice and salt and mix well. Refrigerate until ready to use
- Heat the olive oil over medium-high in a large nonstick skillet. Add the mushrooms and spice mix and toss well. Cook for about 5 minutes, tossing frequently (the mushrooms will shrink considerably). Add the salt and set aside until ready to use
- To assemble the tacos, spread a heaping tablespoon of tahini guacamole on the tortilla. Arrange the mushrooms, cucumbers and tomatoes on top and garnish with cilantro (if using)
- Category: Entree
- Method: Stovetop
- Cuisine: Vegan
- Serving Size: 1 taco
- Calories: 285
- Sugar: 4.6
- Sodium: 535
- Fat: 17
- Saturated Fat: 2.3
- Unsaturated Fat: 12.8
- Trans Fat: 0
- Carbohydrates: 29.7
- Fiber: 5.5
- Protein: 7.5
- Cholesterol: 0
Keywords: tacos, guacamole,tahini, shawarma, vegan, gluten free