This Peanut Butter Banana Vegan Hot Chocolate has no sugar added, is dairy-free and nutritious! In serious need of comfort food (thank you, Bomb Cyclone), but want to keep your New Year's resolutions this Vegan Hot Chocolate is your answer?
Simple Ingredients - Guilt-Free Hot Chocolate
Here's one of the easiest hot chocolate recipes you'll ever find. Not only easy but nutritious and guilt-free! All you need is a handful of ingredients that you most likely have hanging around your kitchen:
- Non dairy milk (we suggest coconut or almond-coconut, but any kind will work)
- Unsweetened cocoa powder (you can use more on less to taste)
- A banana
- Peanut butter (we recommend the natural kind, made from peanuts only with no added ingredients)
The banana adds enough sweetness that there's no need for any other sweetener. However, if you like your hot chocolate on the sweet side, you can add some maple syrup, or your natural sweetener of choice.
The combination of peanut butter and banana blended together gives this hot chocolate a thick, rich consistency, and it will thicken more as it cools.
Looking for more vegan hot chocolate recipes? Check these out!
- Macadamia Mexican Hot Chocolate
- Sea Salt & Gingerbread Hot Chocolate Mug
- Super Decadent Hot Chocolate, Barcelona Style
- Seriously Intense Hot Chocolate
- Vegan Chocolate Truffles
Do you have a bunch of ripe bananas?
Do you want to know what to do with those ripe bananas?
Check out these banana recipes!
- - The Easy Vegan Banana Bread
- - Chocolate-Glazed Banana Bread Donuts
- - Quinoa Breakfast Bowl With Caramelized Bananas
- - Easy Banana Pumpkin Cinnamon Rolls
- - Vegan Peanut Butter & Banana Baked Oatmeal
- - Cashew & Banana Overnight Oats
- - Blueberry Banana Matcha Waffles
- - Peanut Butter & Banana Mini Muffins
In serious need of comfort food (thank you, Bomb Cyclone), but wanting to keep your New Year's resolutions? Enter Peanut Butter Banana Vegan Hot Chocolate. No sugar added, dairy free and nutritious!
- 1 banana, peeled and sliced
- 1 tbsp all natural peanut butter
- 1 ⅓ cup unsweetened non dairy milk
- 3 tbsp unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 tsp maple syrup (optional)
- Place the banana slices, peanut butter and ⅓ cup milk in the blender, and blend until smooth. Set aside
- Combine 1 cup of milk and the cocoa powder in a small sauce pan. Place it on the stove over medium heat, whisking constantly until the cocoa powder has dissolved completely. Add the banana peanut butter mixture and maple syrup (if using), stir well cook for another minute. Serve warm
- Serving Size: 1 ½ cups
- Calories: 287
- Sugar: 18
- Sodium: 317
- Fat: 14.5
- Saturated Fat: 3
- Unsaturated Fat: 10.3
- Trans Fat: 0
- Carbohydrates: 45.5
- Fiber: 9.5
- Protein: 13.3
- Cholesterol: 0
Did you like this Vegan Hot Chocolate?
Scroll down to the comments and leave us a rating! Your comments inspire us to keep creating recipes! Did you love the recipe? Share it or leave us a comment on Instagram, Twitter or Facebook! Wanna see more? Subscribe to our blog and remember to follow us on Pinterest and Instagram!