Once you try this super easy, fool-proof vegan banana bread, you won’t want to use any other recipe! Sweetened with maple syrup and bananas, no mixer required!
Question for you. How do you feel about the word “moist”? I know it might seem like an odd question, but seriously, we want to know. Well, mainly what we want to know is why so many people are bothered by hate it. It’s a way to describe texture when it comes to food, especially baked goods, right? And if you’re someone who does not like the word, does “dry” bother you also? Just curious.
The reason I’m asking is because “moist” is, apparently, the best way to describe this vegan banana bread.
A few hours after I tested this recipe, I got a text from my brother-in-law that read: “Amazing banana bread. Best ever. TY. Super moist” Followed by “Can you make another one? Soooo moist!”. It immediately made me think about the M word haters out there. Why? I have no idea.
But anyway, your feelings about that word don’t really matter right now. here’s what you really need to know about this vegan banana bread:
- It takes about 15 minutes to prepare, then the oven does the rest of the work
- No mixer required. All you need is a wooden spoon and 2 bowls
- It’s made with whole wheat flour, but no one will be able to tell
- It’s sweetened with bananas and maple syrup, but no one will be able to tell (ok there’s sugar in the chocolate chips obviously, but if you don’t want any sugar added, you can sub walnuts, dried fruit or your favorite add-in)
- It’s just out-of-this-world good. Period.
But don’t take our word for it. Go whip up a batch and see for yourself 😉
Did you like this vegan banana bread recipe? Leave us a rating! Did you love it? Share it or leave us a comment on Twitter or Facebook! Wanna see more? Subscribe to our blog and remember to follow us on Pinterest!Print
Once you try this super easy, fool proof vegan banana bread, you won’t want to use any other recipe! Sweetened with maple syrup and bananas, no mixer required!
- 1/4 cup unsweetened non-dairy milk
- 1 tbsp ground flax
- 1 cup whole wheat pastry flour
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup mini chocolate chips
- 2 large bananas, mashed ( about 2/3 cup) plus one whole to place on top
- 3 tbsp neutral flavor oil (such as grape seed, avocado or sunflower)
- 3 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 tsp natural vanilla extract
- Preheat the oven to 350F. Grease a 9×5 inch loaf pan (you can also line it with parchment paper)
- Whisk together the non-dairy milk and ground flax in a small bowl. Set aside
- In a medium bowl, combine the flour, cinnamon, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Whisk well, add the mini chocolate chips and mix again
- In a large bowl, whisk together the mashed bananas, oil, maple syrup, vanilla and flax mixture. Add the flour mixture and mix until just combined (do not overmix)
- Pour the batter into the loaf pan, slice the whole banana in half lengthwise, and arrange the 2 pieces on top of the batter. Bake for 50 minutes and let it cool before removing it from the mold
- Serving Size: 1 slice
- Calories: 195
- Sugar: 15.1
- Sodium: 238.8
- Fat: 8
- Saturated Fat: 2.4
- Unsaturated Fat: 4.3
- Trans Fat: 0
- Carbohydrates: 30.3
- Fiber: 2.4
- Protein: 2.7
- Cholesterol: 0