And… We’re back. After a long holiday week, we’re definitely excited to get back in the kitchen and ready to go. Time has gone by so fast since we started prepping for Passover, that April is almost gone and so is Grilled Cheese month!
But, it’s not over yet, so we still have time to get at least two grilled cheese recipes in. And since we’re only doing two this year, we’ll try to make them extra special. Starting with a vegan one.
We’re sure that, by now, you’ll seen a million different variations of this awesome classic. And we’re sure we can agree on one thing: the level of awesomeness of a grilled cheese pretty much always comes down to the quality of the cheese you use.
That is particularly true if you want to go the vegan route. Because, let’s face it, not all vegan cheeses are created equal! So, as you’ve probably guess by now, once again we’ve teamed up with our friends at GO Veggie! to create this delicious combination of crunch and “goo” (exactly what a grilled cheese sandwich is supposed to be)
We wanted to recreate some of our favorite Mediterranean flavors, so we decided to add walnuts, sundried tomatoes and basil. Adding GO Veggie! Dairy Free Cream Cheese Alternative makes the sandwich extra creamy and adds a slight hint of garlic and chive flavor, and also makes the Dairy Free Mozzarella Style Shreds extra gooey and decadent. And because they’re both gluten free, you can absolutely make this a gluten free vegan sandwich just by using your favorite gluten free bread! And as usual, because both products are also vegan, free of dairy and cholesterol; and lower in saturated fat and calories than dairy cream cheese and cheese, they’re the perfect option for anyone with dietary sensitivities or simply looking to improve their heart or overall health.
Need even more options? Try GO Veggie’s Dairy Free Slices instead of the shreds! Either way, make sure to grab a couple extra napkins. You’re gonna need them 😉
For more information or to learn where you can find GO Veggie! products, click here
This is a sponsored post. All opinions are our own.
- ⅓ cup GO Veggie! Dairy Free Chive and Garlic Cream Cheese Alternative
- ⅓ cup chopped walnuts
- 5 large sun dried tomatoes, sliced
- 2 large slices Tuscan bread
- 4 fresh basil leaves
- ⅓ cup GO Veggie! Dairy Free Mozzarella Style Shreds
- Non-hydrogenated vegetable spread, enough to cover both slices of bread
- Combine cream cheese, walnuts and sun dried tomatoes in the food processor. Pulse a few times until all the ingredients are well incorporated
- Lightly toast the bread. Spread cream cheese mixture on both slices. Top one slice with basil leaves and shreds, top with the other slice of bread to make the sandwich
- Heat a non stick skillet. Butter one side of the sandwich with non-hydrogenated spread and place on the skillet, buttered side down. Cook at medium-low heat for about 10 minutes
- Butter the top slice of bread, turn the sandwich over and continue cooking for another 10 minutes or until the cheese is melted, pressing slightly occasionally with a spatula