Over the past few days, I’ve spent an awful lot of time thinking about summer. Yes, I do realize that we still have a few months till we get there… and no, it’s not because this winter seems like it is going to be just plain awful.
It’s because my daughter Raquel is leaving this summer to spend a whole year in Israel. We are all going to miss her a lot, she is such a happy girl she fills the house with life and laughter (except when she is fighting with her brother). Raquel is driven, organized and very focused, she is a tremendous help around the house and she is also our summer "intern". How are we going to manage a whole year without her and can we afford to loose our summer intern?
C’mon… Seriously?? What 17 year old will choose to go to Israel to get an experience of a life time instead of working with her aunt and mother, do all the tedious work that we have been avoiding and get paid nothing? Any ideas guys, can someone help us here?
Maybe we can bribe her with some of her favorite foods… She LOVES Romesco sauce and machego cheese... and what is more comforting than a grilled cheese ? Ok here's the plan we will start start by offering to make her this grilled cheese sandwich every single day and go from there...
Any other suggestions?? Feel free to share 😉
Romesco is a nutty, slightly sweet dipping sauce from the Catalunya region of Spain. It's typically served with roasted vegetables and meats and makes a great spread for sandwiches or simply slathered over toasted bread.
- 2-2oz ciabatta rolls of 2 - 2 ounce pieces of regular or whole wheat baguette
- 4 tbsp Romesco Sauce (Click here for recipe) See Note 2
- 4oz Manchego cheese,sliced thin. If you cannot fing manchego you may try swiss cheese. See Note 1
- Preheat oven to 375F
- Slice each roll or baguette in half.
- Evenly spread the romesco sauce on each half. Arrange 2 ounces of cheese per bread half and top with the other halves to form 2 sandwiches.
- Place sandwiches in the oven and bake 3-5 minutes until the cheese is completely melted and the bread is toasted. You may also use your toaster oven to make this grilled cheese or a skillet.
- Prep Time: 1 hour
- Cook Time: 45 mins
- Category: Entree
- Method: oven
- Cuisine: Spain
- Serving Size: 1 grilled cheese
- Calories: 417
- Sugar: 3.6
- Sodium: 796
- Fat: 19.5
- Saturated Fat: 10.4
- Unsaturated Fat: .7
- Trans Fat: 0
- Carbohydrates: 39.1
- Fiber: 2.9
- Protein: 22.7
- Cholesterol: 40.5
Keywords: kosher, sandwich, Manchego, romesco, Grilled Cheese