Romesco is a nutty, slightly sweet dipping sauce from the Catalunya region of Spain. It’s typically served with roasted vegetable and meats and makes a great spread for sandwiches or simply slathered over toasted bread.
- 2–2oz pieces whole wheat baguette
- 4–5 tbsp Romesco Sauce (Click here for recipe)
- 4oz Manchego cheese
- Slice each baguette piece in half and slightly toast all four halves
- Spread Romesco sauce on each half. Arrange cheese over two of them and top with the other halves to form 2 sandwiches
- Place sandwiches in the toaster oven at medium temperature until the cheese is completely melted