As promised, here’s come grilled cheese number 2. And not cutting corners or lightening it up either! This is a full fat, time-to-indulge, comforting one. For special occasions only, of course. Or if you need something comforting because you have a severe “case of Mondays” (Office Space, anyone?). Or… your hockey team just lost a game. Or… Passover just ended and you need to make up for lost time (even if you’re not Jewish). Or… “insert your excuse here” because trust us, you’re gonna want to find one (any one) to sink your teeth into this decadent sandwich.
We combined creamy and mild Muenster cheese with a salty, sharp feta for the perfect balance of texture and flavor. The sun dried tomatoes add some “earthiness’ while the spinach give the sandwich just a touch of freshness. And to top it all off, buttery, crisp bread.
A perfect way to end grilled cheese month, if you ask us.
So go find your excuse, and enjoy it 😉
- 2 slices sandwich bread (here we used white)
- 1 tbsp butter
- 1/4 cup crumbled sheep’s milk feta cheese
- 1 tsp sun dried tomatoes packed in oil, sliced or chopped
- 2 slices Muenster cheese
- 4-5 Baby spinach leaves
- Lightly toast the bread slices
- Butter one side of one of the slices and place butter side down it on a non stick pan, over medium heat
- Arrange 1 slice of Muenster cheese, feta, sun dried tomatoes and spinach leaves on top. Top with remaining slice of Muenster Cheese
- Butter the other slice of bread and place it on top, butter side up, to make a sandwich
- Cook over medium heat about 4-5 minutes per side until cheese is melted and bread in golden brown.
- Serve immediately