One of the most classic brunch dishes is a quiche! We took the crowd favorite and made a dairy-free Breakfast Quiche. Even without dairy, this quiche recipe has all the rich, creamy flavor you’d expect from a French-inspired quiche.
We love having really good dairy-free, recipes on hand, and this Dairy-Free Breakfast Quiche is one of our favorites for mornings and brunches! Quiche is a classic French dish, and our Zucchini Quiche recipe has some of the best produce added in for a nutritious, filling, and savory breakfast bite. It’s really easy to customize your quiche with any veggies you like!
What is Quiche?
A quiche is a pastry crust filled with a savory egg, cream, and cheese mixture. Any variety of veggie meat substitutes and veggies can be added to a basic quiche recipe, for endless quiche recipe variations. One of the most known quiches is Quiche Lorraine, which can easily be made vegetarian by using veggie bacon.
What is the Difference Between Quiche and Frittata?
Frittatas are basically big omelets that can be baked or made on the stove. Frittatas have no crust and contain eggs and other mix-ins mainly vegetables. A frittata can be made with or without cheese and doesn't usually include cream. Quiches are baked in a buttery crust, the custard traditionally has cream or milk, eggs, cheese with the addition of veggies, and some cured meats. The crust and the rich cream are the main differences between frittata and quiche.
Breakfast Quiche Variations
Like a frittata or omelet, Breakfast Quiche can be made with any of your favorite veggies, veggie meat substitutes, and spices. Use what you have in the refrigerator!
- Leafy greens - Spinach, arugula, kale, Swiss chard etc
- Spices - Onion or garlic powder, crushed red pepper, herbes de provence, oregano, salt and pepper etc.
- Herbs - Parsley, chives, thyme, basil, dill
- Vegetables - Tomatoes, mushrooms, potatoes, asparagus, onions, bell pepper, artichoke hearts, onions, garlic, zucchini, eggplant, beets, broccoli...it’s all delicious in a quiche. We made a corn and zucchini quiche for this recipe, but you can get creative.
- Veggie Meat substitutes - veggie bacon and veggie sausages would work great. Just check the plant-base aisle in your local market.
- Cheeses - Feta, provolone, cheddar, mozzarella, goat cheese, cream cheese, or Parmesan. Dairy-free cheeses also work great here, add in a sprinkle of nutritional yeast for added cheesy flavor.
Gluten-Free Quiche Recipe
The only gluten in this quiche recipe comes from the pie crust. Look for a gluten-free pie crust for an easy swap to make any quiche gluten-free. You could also just omit the crust and opt for a crustless quiche. Just grease your pan and pour it right in!
Can You Freeze Quiche?
YES! Great news, meal preppers! Quiche freezes really well, which means you can reheat and have a delicious, savory, filling breakfast any time. Keep your breakfast quiche covered in the refrigerator for 3-5 days. Quiche is delicious hot OR cold!
Leftovers can be frozen for up to three months. You can make quiche ahead of time and freeze cooked. Just allow it to defrost in the refrigerator and reheat at 250-300F until warm.
More Vegetarian Brunch Recipes
- Tortilla de Patatas
- Quinoa, Mushroom and Zucchini Frittata
- Spinach and Cheese Bites
- 20-Minute Shakshuka
- Baked Zucchini Frittata
- Quinoa Breakfast Bowl with Caramelized Bananas
- Asparagus & Goat Cheese Quiche
- Quiche with Sweet Potato Crust
One of the most classic brunch dishes is a quiche! We took the crowd favorite and made a dairy-free Breakfast Quiche. Even without dairy, this quiche recipe has all the rich, creamy flavor you’d expect from this French-inspired dish!
- 1 store-bought whole wheat frozen pie shell
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil, divided
- 1 large zucchini, sliced ¼" thick
- 2 ears corn or 2 cups frozen corn kernels, thawed
- 3 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1-8oz package flavored dairy-free cream cheese, such as garlic and chive, onion, black pepper, etc at room temperature
- ¼ cup unsweetened plain almond milk
- 1 tbsp fresh chopped basil
- ¼ tsp salt
- ⅛ tsp ground black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 375F
- Heat one tablespoon of the olive oil in a large skillet. Saute the zucchini on both sides over medium heat until golden, about 2-3 minutes (don't let the zucchini get too dark, because it will cook further in the oven). Season with a little salt and pepper to taste and set aside
- Carefully cut the corn kernels off the cob, or use the frozen corn kernels. In the same skillet, heat the remaining tablespoon of olive oil and sauté for 3-5 minutes or until lightly golden. Season with a little salt and pepper to taste and set aside
- In a large bowl, whisk together the non-dairy cream cheese and almond milk, until smooth. Add the eggs, chopped basil, salt, and pepper and stir until well incorporated. Add the cooked corn and mix well.
- Pour the mixture into the pie crust. Arrange the cooked zucchini slices on top and cover the whole surface of the quiche. Bake for 45 minutes or until set. Let it cool slightly before slicing
- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Cook Time: 50 mins
- Category: breakfast
- Method: baked
- Cuisine: French
- Serving Size: 1 slice
- Calories: 238
- Sugar: 3.4
- Sodium: 286.7
- Fat: 15.8
- Saturated Fat: 4
- Unsaturated Fat: 9.6
- Trans Fat: 0
- Carbohydrates: 19.4
- Fiber: 2
- Protein: 5.9
- Cholesterol: 69.8