Second productive weekend in a row. I love it! Ruth, my daughter Raquel (who has become our very efficient intern) and I spent most of the day yesterday testing new recipes. By far, my favorite thing to do.
A few weeks ago, we got an email from Galaxy Nutritional Foods, one of the leading brands of dairy alternative products, asking us if we would like to try some of their goodies. We, of course, accepted and a couple of weeks later received a few containers of their non-dairy cream cheese spreads.
So this past week, we put on our creative hats and started writing down a bunch of recipes we thought would be fun to try. And they all came out great!
Here’s one of my favorite ones. I think it’s a great recipe for summer, with all the amazing fresh produce, especially corn, available in the market.
Hope you enjoy it!
- 1 whole wheat store bought frozen pie crust
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil, divided
- 1 large zucchini, sliced thin
- 2 ears corn
- 3 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1-8oz package dairy free garlic & chive cream cheese (we used Galaxy Nutritional Foods) at room temperature
- 1/4 cup unsweetened plain almond milk (we use Silk Pure Almond)
- 1 tbsp fresh chopped basil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven 375F
- In a large skillet, saute zucchini slices in 1 tablespoon of olive oil, on both sides until tender and golden brown, 3-5 minutes. Season with salt and pepper to taste and set aside.
- Carefully cut the corn kernels off the cob. Saute in 1 tablespoon of olive oil for 3-5 minutes. Season with salt and pepper to taste and set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk together non dairy cream cheese and almond milk. Add eggs and chopped basil and stir until well incorporated. Season with salt and pepper
- Add cooked corn and mix well.
- Pour mixture into pie crust
- Arrange cooked zucchini slices on top
- Bake at 375F for about 35-40 minutes, until set. Let it cool slightly before slicing.
- ENJOY! From May I have that recipe