This beautiful orange-colored, nutrient-rich carrot ginger soup is simple enough to serve at any weekday meal, but will also steal the show at your holiday dinner!
Our carrot ginger soup is creamy and delicious, with a light ginger taste that brightens the velvety smooth fresh carrot puree.
How to make carrot ginger soup
Our recipe for carrot ginger soup is easy and only uses a handful of simple ingredients to maintain the clean sweet taste of carrots. We sautéed onions, garlic, and fresh-grated ginger before seasoning the base with a small amount of soy sauce and salt and pepper to taste. Once the onions are translucent, we add large slices of carrots and cook until tender. We then add canned coconut milk and blend with a hand-blender resulting in a creamy, rich, satisfying soup.
We love this Carrot Ginger Soup for its thick consistency and ability to highlight any meal.
You can serve this soup by itself or with these delicious toppings
- A drizzle of coconut milk or maple syrup
- Cinnamon ginger-spiced pumpkin seeds
- Garam Masala Spiced Chickpeas
- Moroccan Spiced Chickpeas
- Toasted sesame seeds.
- Savory Granola
- Spicy Tempeh Bits
Looking for a great meal to serve company the day after Thanksgiving? Pair it with our Vegan Kale Caesar Salad with Mushroom Bacon bits and you’re set!
Other Carrot Recipes You May Enjoy
- The Best Moroccan Carrot Salad
- Basmati Rice with Carrots and Raisins
- Chili Roasted Carrots with Avocado-Cilantro Dressing
- Carrot and Parsnip Vegan Latkes
- Passover Coconut Ginger Carrot Rice
Other Healthy Soup Recipes You May Like
- Moroccan Harira Soup
- Quinoa and Kale Soup
- The Best Vegetable Soup
- Wheat Berry and Chickpea Soup
- Immune Booster Vegan Ramen Bowl
- Zucchini Sweet Potato Soup
Did you like this coconut carrot ginger soup ? Scroll down to the comments and leave us a rating! Did you love it? Share it or leave us a comment on Instagram, Twitter or Facebook! Wanna see more? Subscribe to our blog and remember to follow us on Pinterest!Print
This beautiful orange colored, nutrient-rich carrot ginger soup is simple enough to serve at any weekday meal, but will also steal the show at your holiday dinner!
1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
1 medium-large onion, diced
2 large garlic cloves, minced
2 pounds of carrots, trimmed, peeled and chopped
2" piece fresh ginger, grated or minced
1 tbsp soy sauce or tamari (gluten-free soy sauce) - For Passover, just add a little more salt to the recipe
6 cups of water or vegetable broth
½ tsp salt ( See Note 1)
⅛-¼ tsp ground black pepper, to taste
1 ¼ cups canned full fat coconut milk
Unsweetened plain non-dairy milk, water or vegetable broth as needed
- Heat the olive oil in a large soup pot. Add the onions and garlic and cook 3-5 minutes until translucent. Add the carrots, ginger and soy sauce, and cook for 3-5 minutes, stirring frequently
- Add the water or vegetable broth, salt, and pepper. Cook, covered, over medium-high heat, until the carrots are very tender, about 40 minutes (time may vary depending on the size of the carrots. You can reduce cooking time by cutting the carrots smaller)
- Let it cool, add the coconut milk and blend with either an immersion blender or a blender until really smooth and creamy
- Add more liquid (non-dairy milk, water or vegetable broth), until you achieve the desired consistency for your carrot ginger soup.
- For serving suggestion, see Note 2
- If using vegetable broth, you may need to adjust the amount of salt added
- This carrot ginger soup can be enjoyed as is or topped with:
- Category: Soup
- Method: Stovetop
- Cuisine: Vegan Asian inspired
- Serving Size: 1 cup
- Calories: 198
- Sugar: 10.1
- Sodium: 927
- Fat: 12.8
- Saturated Fat: 9.3
- Unsaturated Fat: 2.6
- Trans Fat: 0
- Carbohydrates: 21.2
- Fiber: 4.6
- Protein: 2.6
- Cholesterol: 0
Keywords: soup, carrot, ginger, coconut, vegan, gluten free, recipe