One more latke recipe before Hanukkah ends! These Vegan Latkes are a bit non traditional, because they don’t have any potatoes, but they are just as delicious. Super easy, one bowl recipe!
Hanukkah might be coming to and end, but we’re not done with latkes yet! This is what these amazing Carrot and Parsnip Vegan Latkes bring to the table:
- They’re super easy to prepare: just combine all the ingredients in one bowl, mix and they’re ready to fry!
- They’re full of flavor: we added coriander, cumin, turmeric and cinnamon. Not the traditional flavor profile you find in latkes, but that’s what makes them awesome!
- They’re vegan: instead of eggs, we used vegan mayo and flour as binders
- They’re can easily be made gluten free: just use your favorite gluten free flour, and you’re all set!
- They’re made with veggies!
- Have 88 calories per latke
What’s your favorite way to serve vegan latkes? Share it with us! You didn’t? Connect with us via Twitter , Pinterest or Facebook or simply leave us a comment here. We want to get to know you!Print
One more latke recipe before Hanukkah ends! These vegan latkes are a bit non traditional, because is don’t have any potatoes, but they are just as delicious. Super easy, one bowl recipe!
- 2 large carrots shredded ( about 1 1/2 cups shredded)
- 1 large parsnip, shredded (about 3 cups shredded)
- 1 cup chopped cilantro ( about 1 large bunch)
- 6 scallions, chopped
- 1 tsp salt
- 3/4 tsp coriander
- 3/4 tsp cumin
- 1/2 tsp turmeric
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp red pepper flakes (optional)
- 1/2 cup spelt flour or any other flour of your choice
- 1/3 cup vegan mayo
- 1/2 -3/4 cup oil for frying
- Heat the oil in skillet over medium high heat
- Combine all the ingredients in a large bowl and mix well. Working with 1/4 cup of mixture at a time, form approximately 15 latkes and fry them 4-5 minutes per side, or until golden. Place them on a plate lined with paper towels to absorb any excess oil
- Serving Size: 1 latke
- Calories: 88
- Sugar: 1.1
- Sodium: 191
- Fat: 7
- Saturated Fat: 1
- Unsaturated Fat: 6
- Trans Fat: 0
- Carbohydrates: 5.7
- Fiber: 1.2
- Protein: 0.8
- Cholesterol: 0