One more latke recipe before Hanukkah ends! These Vegan Latkes are a bit non traditional, because they don’t have any potatoes, but they are just as delicious. Super easy, one bowl recipe!
Hanukkah might be coming to and end, but we’re not done with latkes yet!
This is what these amazing Carrot and Parsnip Vegan Latkes bring to the table:
- They’re super easy to prepare: just combine all the ingredients in one bowl, mix and they’re ready to fry!
- They’re full of flavor: we added coriander, cumin, turmeric, and cinnamon. Not the traditional flavor profile you find in latkes, but that’s what makes them awesome!
- They’re vegan: instead of eggs, we used vegan mayo and flour as binders
- They’re can easily be made gluten-free: just use your favorite gluten-free flour, and you’re all set!
- They’re made with veggies!
- Have 88 calories per latke
Other Carrot Recipes You May Enjoy
- The Best Moroccan Carrot Salad
- Coconut Ginger Carrot Soup
- Basmati Rice with Carrots and Raisins
- Chili Roasted Carrots with Avocado-Cilantro Dressing
- Passover Coconut Ginger Carrot Rice
Did you like our Carrot and Parsnip Vegan Latkes? Scroll down to the comments and leave us a rating! Did you love it? Share it or leave us a comment on Instagram, Twitter or Facebook! Wanna see more? Subscribe to our blog and remember to follow us on Pinterest!Print
One more latke recipe before Hanukkah ends! These vegan latkes are a bit non traditional, because is don’t have any potatoes, but they are just as delicious. Super easy, one bowl recipe!
- 2 large carrots shredded ( about 1 1/2 cups shredded)
- 1 large parsnip, shredded (about 3 cups shredded)
- 1 cup chopped cilantro ( about 1 large bunch)
- 6 scallions, chopped
- 1 tsp salt
- 3/4 tsp coriander
- 3/4 tsp cumin
- 1/2 tsp turmeric
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp red pepper flakes (optional)
- 1/2 cup spelt flour or any other flour of your choice (or Matzo meal during Passover)
- 1/3 cup vegan mayo
- 1/2 –3/4 cup oil for frying
- Heat the oil in a skillet over medium-high heat
- Combine all the ingredients in a large bowl and mix well. Working with 1/4 cup of the mixture at a time, form approximately 15 latkes and fry them 4-5 minutes per side, or until golden. Place them on a plate lined with paper towels to absorb any excess oil
- Serving Size: 1 latke
- Calories: 88
- Sugar: 1.1
- Sodium: 191
- Fat: 7
- Saturated Fat: 1
- Unsaturated Fat: 6
- Trans Fat: 0
- Carbohydrates: 5.7
- Fiber: 1.2
- Protein: 0.8
- Cholesterol: 0