One more latke recipe before Hanukkah ends! These Vegan Latkes are a bit non-traditional, because they don't have any potatoes, but they are just as delicious. Super easy, one-bowl recipe!
Hanukkah might be coming to and end, but we're not done with latkes yet!
This is what these amazing Carrot and Parsnip Vegan Latkes bring to the table:
- They're super easy to prepare: just combine all the ingredients in one bowl, mix and they're ready to fry!
- They're full of flavor: we added coriander, cumin, turmeric, and cinnamon. Not the traditional flavor profile you find in latkes, but that's what makes them awesome!
- They're vegan: instead of eggs, we used vegan mayo and flour as binders
- They can easily be made gluten-free: just use your favorite gluten-free flour, and you're all set!
- They're made with veggies!
- Have 88 calories per latke
We love serving these with spicy tahini sauce and our lentil, avocado and tomato salad or our Thai green papaya salad... Also delicious with saffron-infused cauliflower soup with sumac oil!
Other Carrot Recipes You May Enjoy
- The Best Moroccan Carrot Salad
- Coconut Ginger Carrot Soup
- Basmati Rice with Carrots and Raisins
- Chili Roasted Carrots with Avocado-Cilantro Dressing
- Passover Coconut Ginger Carrot Rice
Did you like our Carrot and Parsnip Vegan Latkes? Scroll down to the comments and leave us a rating! Did you love it? Share it or leave us a comment on Instagram, Twitter or Facebook! Wanna see more? Subscribe to our blog and remember to follow us on Pinterest!Print
Carrot and Parsnip Vegan Latkes
- Total Time: 50 minutes
- Yield: 15 1x
One more latke recipe before Hanukkah ends! These vegan latkes are a bit non traditional, because is don't have any potatoes, but they are just as delicious. Super easy, one bowl recipe!
- 2 large carrots shredded ( about 1 ½ cups shredded)
- 1 large parsnip, shredded (about 3 cups shredded)
- 1 cup chopped cilantro ( about 1 large bunch)
- 6 scallions, chopped
- 1 tsp salt
- ¾ tsp coriander
- ¾ tsp cumin
- ½ tsp turmeric
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- ½ tsp red pepper flakes (optional)
- ½ cup spelt flour or any other flour of your choice (or Matzo meal during Passover)
- ⅓ cup vegan mayo
- ½ -¾ cup oil for frying
- Heat the oil in a skillet over medium-high heat
- Combine all the ingredients in a large bowl and mix well. Working with ¼ cup of the mixture at a time, form approximately 15 latkes and fry them 4-5 minutes per side, or until golden. Place them on a plate lined with paper towels to absorb any excess oil
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 35 minutes
- Category: Side Dish
- Method: Stovetop
- Cuisine: Jewish
- Serving Size: 1 latke
- Calories: 88
- Sugar: 1.1
- Sodium: 191
- Fat: 7
- Saturated Fat: 1
- Unsaturated Fat: 6
- Trans Fat: 0
- Carbohydrates: 5.7
- Fiber: 1.2
- Protein: 0.8
- Cholesterol: 0
Can I substitute sour cream for the mayonnaise?
Vicky & Ruth says
Yes, it should work. If they are not easily coming together just add a little more flour
This was a hit! We had some parsnips that needed to be used ASAP so I did 3 medium of them and only one large carrot. Turned out divine.
Vicky and Ruth says
So happy to hear that you enjoyed the latkes!