Get ready to fly straight to dark chocolate heaven! This Dark Chocolate Tart is a totally decadent chocolate indulgent treat that looks fancy and while being really easy to make. This is a great holiday recipe that will surely impress your guests.
One of our favorite things about having a food blog (aside from sampling everything we make and finding new favorites!) is sharing our tasty creations with friends and family. Seeing their faces light up when they bite into something delicious is so rewarding! This Chocolate Tart was an instant hit with everyone who tried it. We hope you make this and have that rewarding, “Oh my goodness this is SO GOOD!” moment with your own loved ones.
Vegan and Gluten-Free Tart Crust
This simple, gluten-free chocolate tart crust is made by pulsing 3 simple ingredients in the food processor until they just come together, then pressing them into a tart pan. It has an intense nutty flavor that pairs perfectly with the rich and creamy tart! It’s made with:
- Roasted Hazelnuts
- Maple syrup, agave nectar, or honey
How to Make Vegan Chocolate Tart
How do you make a creamy, rich chocolate tart without dairy or eggs? With only two ingredients, that’s how! We make this ganache filling using a can of full-fat coconut milk (it has to be full-fat...the lite stuff won’t work!), and dark chocolate chips. Making it is a simple process of scalding the coconut milk, pouring it over the chocolate chips, and stirring everything until it’s nice and smooth. Pop it in the refrigerator until it hardens!
The Best Vegan Dark Chocolate
You can find vegan dark chocolate in any grocery store these days, we love using chocolate that has at least 70% cocoa. This recipe calls for a cup and a half of dark chocolate chips, but you can also go for a good quality baking chocolate bar. Make sure to check your ingredient list if you’re strictly dairy-free!
Fruit Tart Variations
We love how decadent the hazelnut crunch tastes on this vegan chocolate tart, but you can mix it up with any toppings you like! Try making this easy chocolate tart with:
- Blueberries, strawberries, or cherries
- Fresh Raspberries or blackberries
- Kiwi and mango
- Coarse sea salt
- No-Fuss Salted Tahini Date Caramel
- Candied Pecans, plain Roasted Hazelnuts or Chocolate Covered Hazelnuts
More Tart Recipes
- Fig & Tahini Truffle Tarts
- Vegan Salted Caramel Tartlettes
- Vegan Key Lime Pie Tart
- Chocolate Peanut Butter Pretzel Tart
- Gluten-Free Cashew Cream Tart
- Passover Flourless Chocolate Tart
This chocolate tart is made with a rich and decadent vegan chocolate ganache and a gluten-free date hazelnut crust. Be ready to experience chocolate heaven!
- 1 cup roasted hazelnuts
- 15 small pitted dates (about 3 oz)
- 2 tbsp maple syrup (you can also use agave or honey)
- 1 ½ cups good quality chocolate chips
- 1 ½ cups full fat canned coconut milk
- ½ cup roasted hazelnuts, roughly chopped
- ¼ cup plus 1 tbsp granulated sugar
- ⅓ cup water
- Pinch of salt (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 375F. Place the hazelnuts in a food processor, and pulse a few times until they're roughly chopped. Add the dates and maple syrup, and pulse until combined, and the mixture sticks together when you pinch it with your fingers
- Transfer the mixture to a 9-inch tart pan with a removable bottom and press it down, using your hands, so it comes up the sides. Bake for about 10 minutes, until it starts to brown slightly. Remove it from the oven and let it cool completely
- Place the chocolate chips in a large heat proof bowl. Heat the coconut milk in a small saucepan until it comes to a simmer. Pour the milk over the chocolate chips, let it sit for about 30 seconds, and stir well, using a whisk, until the chocolate is completely melted. Pour over the crust and refrigerate for at least 4 hours or overnight, until set
- To prepare the hazelnut crunch, line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Combine the hazelnuts, sugar, water and salt in a large non-stick pan. Place it on the stove over medium-high heat and stir well. Once it starts to boil, reduce the heat to medium-low and continue cooking, stirring constantly, until the water evaporates and the sugar starts to thicken and caramelize (keep an eye so they don't burn). Carefully transfer the hazelnuts to the lined baking sheet and let them cool completely (do not touch them with your fingers!). Arrange them on top of the tart before serving
- Category: Dessert
- Method: No-bake
- Cuisine: Italian
- Serving Size: 1 slice
- Calories: 287
- Sugar: 23.7
- Sodium: 3.4
- Fat: 19.7
- Saturated Fat: 8.9
- Unsaturated Fat: 7.7
- Trans Fat: 0
- Carbohydrates: 28.7
- Fiber: 3.4
- Protein: 4.3
- Cholesterol: 0
Keywords: Passover, holidays, chocolate tart, vegan, gluten-free, kosher
DID YOU LIKE OUR CHOCOLATE TART RECIPE?
Scroll down to the comments and leave us a rating! Your comments inspire us to keep creating recipes! Did you love the recipe? Share it or leave us a comment on Instagram, Twitter or Facebook! Wanna see more? Subscribe to our blog and remember to follow us on Pinterest and Instagram!