I can’t believe Memorial Day is right around the corner. School will be over in a few weeks and then… hello summer!
I LOVE summer. It’s probably my favorite time of the year. The warm weather, the pool, the beach… And most of all, I love what I call “summer food”. I don’t know about you, but when the weather gets really hot, all I want to eat is fresh, light food. Lots of fruit and veggies, salads… Hmmm
So here’s an idea for you. How about you make this Memorial Day a “Meatless Monday Memorial Day” , middle eastern / mediterranean style? I’m thinking, humus, fatoush and tabouleh salad, spring onions with romesco sauce and a nice potato omelette maybe??
Think about it. It could be the beginning of a new tradition…
Have a great Holiday weekend!
- 1½ cup bulgur wheat
- 1 cup of water (filtered or bottled)
- 4 medium tomatoes, diced
- 4 scallions, chopped
- 3 big bunches of parsley, finely chopped (better to use a food processor)
- ¾ cup freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- Salt to taste
- Rinse the burlgur wheat and soak in 1 cup of water for about 15 minutes, until it has absorbed all or most of the water.
- In a large bowl, mix soaked bulgur wheat, tomatoes, scallions and parsley.
- Add lemon, olive oil and salt and mix well.
- ENJOY! From May I have that recipe