All the flavors of pumpkin pie come together in this vegan pumpkin pie parfait. We made it dairy free, vegan and gluten free.
Fall… the time of year when the temperatures begin to creep lower. Except… they haven’t really. Yeah, we got a little cold front that hit us for a couple of days, but for the most part, it is still pretty much flip flop weather. Which, by the way, really doesn’t help a fashion inept like myself. Boot and sweater weather in the morning, flip flop and t-shirt in the afternoon? Come on! As if dressing myself once a day wasn’t challenging enough…
But despite the weather and its inconsistencies this time of year, one thing doesn’t change: October is synonymous with pumpkin spice. In recent years, we’ve seen everything from pumpkin spice flavored gum to pumpkin spice air fresheners (thank you Starbucks!). Nothing beats the traditional pumpkin pie though!
Being the adventurous type, we decided to play with this traditional dessert. And you all know how we love to veganize stuff so… That’s exactly what we did! We also wanted to simplify it and make it gluten free, which we were able to accomplish pretty successfully, if I may say so myself!
Walnuts and dates act as the “crust” here (because hey, who says dessert can’t be a little nutritious, right??). Layers of spiced pumpkin and vegan whipped topping make the filling. All if it beautifully layered in individual cups to make it extra special and elegant. It doesn’t get any easier than that!Print
All the flavors of pumpkin pie come together in this vegan pumpkin pie parfait. We made it dairy free, vegan and gluten-free.
- 1/2 cup walnut pieces
- 3 large pitted dates
- 1 cup canned pumpkin
- 1 tsp pumpkin pie spice (or to taste)
- 2 tsp maple syrup (optional)
- 1 cup vegan whipped topping, divided (here we used So Delicious Cocowhip)
- Combine walnuts and dates in the food processor. Pulse until coarsely chopped and set aside
- To prepare the pumpkin mousse, combine pumpkin, spice and maple syrup if using and mix well
- Using a spatula, gently fold 1/2 cup of whipped topping into the pumpkin mixture
- Assemble the parfait however you want it, with layers of date-walnut mixture, pumpkin mousse and plain whipped topping
- Serving Size: 1 parfait
- Calories: 331
- Sugar: 40
- Sodium: 124
- Fat: 14
- Saturated Fat: 5.2
- Unsaturated Fat: 8
- Trans Fat: 0
- Carbohydrates: 52
- Fiber: 7
- Protein: 5
- Cholesterol: 0