This creamy Pumpkin Mousse has all the seasonal flavor of a classic pumpkin pie while also being vegan and gluten-free. It’s incredibly fluffy, delicious, and easy to make!
It’s our opinion that the very best part of pumpkin pie is the filling (plus a dollop of whipped cream, of course!). Who else is a fan of filling? This delicious Pumpkin Mousse has all of that creamy, delicious pumpkin pie filling flavor that we love so much! It’s quickly become an autumn must-make in our kitchens and we think you’ll love it, too.
No-Bake Pumpkin Dessert Recipe
This recipe doesn’t have a crust and requires no oven time! Instead of a pie crust, we’ve combined dates, walnuts, and cinnamon. Once pulsed in the food processor they can be incorporated into the mousse in layers. This gives your dessert a really delicious texture and crunch throughout.
We made this recipe a little lighter by including a non-dairy coconut whipped topping! You could use a regular dairy whipped topping as well. These can be found in the frozen section of your supermarket.
Vegan Thanksgiving Dessert
This Pumpkin Pie Mousse would be a delicious vegan, gelatin-free, and gluten-free option for after Thanksgiving dinner. Serve it in individual mini cups a light and delicious sweet treat that will taste like pumpkin pie, but much quicker to make.
Making Pumpkin Mousse Ahead of Time
Our light and creamy Pumpkin mousse is a really great recipe to make ahead of time. Make the pumpkin mousse a couple of days ahead. Assemble it in layers the day you plan to serve it for dessert. Our recipe for Pumpkin Pie Mousse is a wonderful dish for entertaining because it’s so easy to make, serve, and enjoy!
Pumpkin Mousse Serving Suggestions
This is a perfect fall dessert! There are so many easy ways to enjoy it...
- This mousse would be delicious layered in a trifle with layers of vegan yogurt, whipped topping, or ice cream. Make it in one big bowl or in individual or mini portions.
- A strong cup of espresso would pair perfectly with a small serving of Pumpkin Mousse!
- Create a beautifully layered trifle with thin slices of pound cake, mousse, and vanilla ice cream. Top it with crumbled wafer cookies for the perfect finishing touch!
More Pumpkin Recipes
- Vegan Pumpkin Pie Ice Cream
- Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Muffins
- Maple Pumpkin Scones
- Gingersnap Vegan Pumpkin Pie
- Pumpkin Mousse Cashew Cheesecake
Other Thanksgiving Desserts We Recommend
- Vegan Pumpkin Mousse
- Cranberry Pear Pie
- Pumpkin Cinnamon Rolls
- Candied Pecans
- Pumpkin Coffee Cake
- Ginger Snap Pumpkin Pie
- Pumpkin Mousse Cashew Cheesecake
- Vegan Pumpkin Pie Ice cream
- Bourbon Pecan Pie
- Lemon Infused Almond Milk Custard
DID YOU LIKE OUR PUMPKIN MOUSSE RECIPE?
If you enjoyed this recipe. It would help us tremendously if you left us a star rating in the comments below or on the recipe card. Do you have any questions about the recipe or do you need a swap for any of the ingredients? We are here to help, just leave us a question in the comments below.Print
All the flavors of pumpkin pie come together in this vegan pumpkin mousse. It’s incredibly creamy delicious, and takes no time to make!
- ½ cup walnut pieces
- 3 large pitted dates
- 1 ½ cups canned 100% pumpkin, not pumpkin pie filling
- 1 tsp pumpkin pie spice (more or less to taste)
- 1 tbsp maple syrup or more to taste
- 1 cup vegan whipped topping, thawed for a couple of hours in the fridge, divided (here we used So Delicious Cocowhip) Found in round plastic tubs in the frozen section of most supermarkets.
- Combine walnuts and dates in the food processor. Pulse until coarsely chopped and set aside
- To prepare the pumpkin mousse, combine pumpkin, spice and maple syrup and mix well. Taste it and more pumpkin pie spice and or maple syrup as needed.
- Using a spatula, gently fold ½ cup of whipped topping into the pumpkin mixture
- Serve in one large bowl or in small or mini clear cups.
- Assemble the mousse cups in small clear cups by alternating layers of the date-walnut mixture, pumpkin mousse and plain whipped topping.
- Category: dessert
- Method: no bake
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 1 parfait
- Calories: 166
- Sugar: 20
- Sodium: 62
- Fat: 7
- Saturated Fat: 2.6
- Unsaturated Fat: 4
- Trans Fat: 0
- Carbohydrates: 26
- Fiber: 3.5
- Protein: 2.6
- Cholesterol: 0
Keywords: vegan , gluten free, pumpkin, pumpkin pie, parfait, dessert, thanksgiving