Guilt Free Chocolate Truffles

guilt free chocolate truffles

This weekend, we celebrated “May I have that recipe” ‘s  first anniversary. It’s hard to believe that exactly one year ago, we shared our very first recipe with all of you!

We are very fortunate to be able to do something we love and we have enjoyed every minute of it. The love and support we have received from friends, families and new followers is truly overwhelming and we thank all of you, from the bottom of our hearts.

We are very excited about the year ahead and looking forward to sharing many more recipes!

Enjoy!!!

Vicky and Ruth

guilt free chocolate truffles

4.8 from 6 reviews
Guilt Free Chocolate Truffles

Prep time
Total time

These truffles are creamy, chocolaty and decadent... and about 55 calories each!
Author:
Recipe type: Dessert
Cuisine: International
Serves: About 12 truffles
Ingredients
  • ½ cup good quality chocolate chips (we use Ghirardelli 60% Cacao)
  • 1 tbs all natural almond butter (or peanut butter)
  • ¼ cup fat free Greek yogurt (we use Chobani)
  • ⅓ cup good quality unsweetened cocoa powder (we use Ghirardelli Unsweetened Cocoa Powder)
Instructions
  1. Melt chocolate chips in the microwave (at 20 second intervals) or on a double boiler
  2. While the chocolate is still warm, stir in almond butter and mix until well incorporated
  3. Carefully fold in Greek yogurt, mix well and refrigerate for about 15 minutes, until it starts to harden
  4. Working with approximately 1 tablespoon at a time, form truffles, roll them in unsweetened cocoa powder and refrigerate until ready to serve

guilt free chocolate truffles

ENJOY!! From May I have that recipe

, , , , , , , , , , ,

22 Responses to Guilt Free Chocolate Truffles

1. Mari Cartagenova February 3, 2013 at 10:43 am #

I love your recipes.. as a fellow Sephardic Jew and vegetarian/vegan (our whole family of 5 is actually) I look forward to your posts so I can be inspired with your new and bold ideas!
    Mazel Tov on your anniversary and keep up the good work – We are out here and loving your work!!

• Vicky & Ruth February 3, 2013 at 10:52 am #

Thank you so so much for your kind words. We are so happy and grateful to be able to share our passion for food with everyone! We hope you continue to enjoy our recipes!! Thanks again :)

2. Jenny @ BAKE February 4, 2013 at 8:19 am #

congrats on your blogs birthday! these truffles look great!
    Jenny @ BAKE recently posted…Tuscan Bean SoupMy Profile

3. Raquel February 4, 2013 at 8:49 pm #

These are absolutly delicious!!! I cant believe they are made with greek yogurt and almond milk they taste like real truffles! Mazal Tov on you one year anniversary! I have been following this blog from day one and i love it more and more every week! All the recipes are very creative and delicious (i know…i have tried them all!!) and i love the way the new site looks! Keep up the good work and keep posting recipes….love you guys!! <3
    Love your #1 fan!!!

• Vicky & Ruth February 4, 2013 at 9:22 pm #

Thank you so much for all your help and support during this year. Looking forward to sharing more recipes with you.

4. Dina February 5, 2013 at 7:44 pm #

healthy and yummy truffles, yay!
    Dina recently posted…Two for Tuesday: White Chocolate and StrawberryMy Profile

5. Tammy Evans February 8, 2013 at 3:00 pm #

These are fabulous and so easy to make…I added a little variation to the recipe the balls were rolled in, some cinnamon, some nutmeg…and I used cacao powder, I also did a small batch that had maca mixed with the cacao intermixed (those were so frothy). The chocolate pieces that I used are carob,,so with this I added some rice syrup to make it a little sweeter. Yummy. I had been wondering what I could make all week with the carob pieces that I picked up from the store and this recipe came to me via spiritual experience’s. Timing is everything in this Universe..I love you guys…thank you so much..much love peace and light..

• Vicky & Ruth February 8, 2013 at 3:53 pm #

Wow… those are great variations!! We love it when people experiment with our recipes. So glad you’re enjoying them Thanks for sharing!!!

6. Guilt Free Desserts Review January 23, 2014 at 2:35 am #

Thanks so much, for posting this amazing and easy recipe. I love this recipe very much. My husband love sweet. Next week is my husband b’day, so I like to cook this on that day. And he will be surprise.

• Vicky & Ruth January 23, 2014 at 3:30 pm #

Thank you so much!! This is probably one of our favorites. Because we just looove chocolate. Hope your husband enjoys it!

7. Karly February 9, 2014 at 7:02 pm #

This recipe is straight from Shape Magazine. Please don’t claim it as your own.

8. I love it for its 55 calories : ) I can’t wait to try it. It makes my mouth water.

• Vicky & Ruth July 3, 2014 at 9:25 am #

Thank you. They are super creamy, delicious and guilt free!

Trackbacks/Pingbacks

1. Blueberry Greek Yogurt Truffles | Foods for the Soul - April 4, 2013

[…] modified from May I Have That Recipe? […]

2. 24 Deliciously Healthy Ways To Satisfy Your Sweet Tooth | Sharing Interesting Stuff, Updates News & Free Tips - May 18, 2014

[…] mayihavethatrecipe.com […]

3. 24 Deliciously Healthy Ways To Satisfy Your Sweet Tooth! - May 18, 2014

[…] mayihavethatrecipe.com […]

4. 24 Deliciously Healthy Ways To Satisfy Your Sweet Tooth - Boo's FunZone.com - November 2, 2014

[…] mayihavethatrecipe.com […]