Forget boring potato salad! These smashed potatoes with chimichurri sauce are a delicious and fun side dish to enjoy this summer and all year long. Made with fresh cilantro, and parsley and fruity olive oil, you'll want put this flavorful sauce on everything!
What is Chimichurri Sauce?
We've obviously been a little obsessed with chimichurri sauce lately! It's a such a great sauce to use during the summer time! It's light, refreshing, bright and full of flavor, and goes with everything!
This super tasty sauce of Argentinian origin (pronounced CHEE-MEE-CHOO-REE) is usually served with grilled meat. It's also traditionally made with raw garlic, but we like roasting ours, to avoid having that garlic taste in our mouths all day!
Why are these Smashed Potatoes with Chimichurri Sauce great?
- Tender on the inside and crispy on the outside
- A crowd pleaser
- Topped with a cilantro chimichurri sauce that explodes with vibrant flavor
- Want to make vegan? Skip the egg
- Great vegetarian side dish for your next BBQ
- Fun and easy to make
- Way tastier and healthier than the traditional potato salad!
Try our Smashed Potatoes with Chimichurri Sauce, with our Quinoa Beet Veggie Burger, Quinoa Mushroom Sliders, Cauliflower Veggie Burger, Braised Eggplant in tomato sauce, Summer Rice Salad, Spanish Gazpacho
- Tortilla de Patatas - Potato Omelette
- Smashed Potatoes with Chimichurri Sauce
- Tahini Mashed Potatoes
- Roasted Sweet Potatoes with Tahini and Silan
- 11 Sweet Potato Recipes You Will Love
- Not Just For Passover Recipes - Tri-colored Roasted Potatoes with Harissa Sauce
- Frittata Recipe
Did you like this recipe for smashed potatoes with chimichurri sauce ? Leave us a rating! Did you love it? Share it or leave us comment on Twitter or Facebook! Wanna see more? Subscribe to our blog and remember to follow us on Pinterest!Print
Forget boring potato salad! These Smashed Potatoes with Chimichurri Sauce are a delicious and fun side dish to enjoy this summer and all year long. Made with sweet roasted garlic, fresh cilantro and fruity olive oil, you'll want put this flavorful sauce on everything!
- 2 lbs medium-small organic Yukon gold potatoes, thoroughly washed (about 16 potatoes)
- 3 tbsp extra virgin olive oil, divided
- ½ tsp salt (or to taste)
- 3 - 4 soft-boiled eggs, or hard-boiled eggs sliced in half (optional)
- Chimichurri sauce - Get the recipe HERE
- Preheat the oven to 400F. Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper and spread 1 tablespoon olive oil to cover the whole surface
- Fill a large size pot with water. Add potatoes, making sure the water covers the potatoes by 2". Bring to a boil, reduce heat to medium and boil for 35-45 minutes until the potatoes are tender when inserting a knife. Drain them let them cool until they are safe to handle.
- Arrange the potatoes on the lined baking sheet and gently smash them with the bottom of a heavy glass. Drizzle with 2 tablespoon of olive oil and sprinkle the salt on top and bake for 10 -15 minutes.
- Alternatively in a large non-stick skillet or cast iron pan skillet heat the three tablespoons of olive oil, place the smashed potatoes, and cooked for about 4-5 minutes per side or until crispy.
- To prepare the soft boiled eggs, boil water in a small saucepan, carefully drop the eggs and boil for 6 minutes exactly. Remove each egg from the boiling water and place in a bowl with ice water for 1 minute.
- Place the potatoes in a large plate spoon chimichurri over each potato.
- If using eggs. Carefully peel the eggs and cut them in half right before serving.
- Category: Sides
- Method: Baking
- Cuisine: Latin
- Serving Size: 8
- Calories: 251
- Sugar: 1.2
- Sodium: 619
- Fat: 15
- Saturated Fat: 2.5
- Unsaturated Fat: 2
- Trans Fat: 0
- Carbohydrates: 26
- Fiber: 3
- Protein: 6
- Cholesterol: 0