So here’s the deal. For the past week and a half, I’ve been hard at work, getting ready to bring this blog to you (and by that I mean spending obscene amounts of time at my favorite coffee shop). You know, writing recipes, playing with the videos, setting our FB page… all that fun stuff.
Wanna know where my sister Vicky has been for the past week and a half? Back home in Barcelona, on a “blog-business” trip. Yep, we figured we needed recent pictures to post and also to pick my mom’s brain for some more recipes. So she took one for the team, booked the trip and left. And took my 16 year old niece with her. Does that sound like an all girl shopping trip to you?? I think so!!
Ten days of sunny, 60 degree weather. Ten days of relaxation. Ten days of my mom’s cooking. Business shmissness... It’s ok though. They both deserve it. I just had to pick on Vicky a little bit. After all, isn't that what little sisters are for?
And I bet you anything I can guess what my mom had ready for them when they got back from the airport…
- 1 lb of red lentils
- 7 cups water
- 4 tbsp olive oil
- 1 large bunch of cilantro, chopped
- 4 cloves of garlic, chopped
- 1/3 cup lemon
- Salt to taste
- Rinse lentils in a colander, making sure to remove and sand of small stones.
- In a large soup pot, boil lentils in salted water, until tender.
- In the mean time, in a large skillet sauté cilantro and garlic in olive oil. Add to lentils.
- Add lemon and salt to taste and let simmer for about 20 minutes.
- Category: Soup