This Peach Caprese Salad is like summer on a plate! It’s light, refreshing, and so easy to make and enjoy on a hot summer day and goes beyond the traditional tomato, mozzarella, basil salad.
One of our favorite things to bring to a backyard barbecue or summertime potluck is a colorful mozzarella salad! This Caprese Salad is an inviting dish that always has people coming back for seconds and asking us for the recipe. It’s filled with fresh seasonal produce such as tomatoes, cucumbers, peaches, olives, and fresh basil and topped with a homemade Pistachio Vinaigrette that makes the whole dish feel gourmet (while actually being really easy to make!).
What is a Caprese Salad?
Caprese is a simple Italian tomato mozzarella basil salad arranged on a plate and drizzled with olive oil and sometimes balsamic vinegar. Click here for Caprese Salad Recipe with Balsamic Glaze! We also have a High Protein Caprese Pasta Salad that’s delicious.
Caprese Salad Ingredients
This Peach Caprese is an upgrade on a classic! Classic Caprese salad has tomatoes, mozzarella, and basil. We’re adding some summertimes favorites from the produce section for a dish that’s made to be eaten in the sunshine. The ingredients are very simple, but for maximum flavor, we suggest getting the freshest preferably locally grown ingredients if they are accessible in your area.
- Marinated Fresh Mozzarella: for our Caprese salad we chose a store-bought marinated mozzarella, that also comes in pesto flavor. Either one works beautifully in this mozzarella salad.
- Olives: we the savory flavor that olives bring to food and especially salads. We used green pitted olives and cured black olives, you can pick your favorites. Kalamata olives would work beautifully in this salad as well.
- Persian cucumbers: in the summer when cucumbers are the tastiest we love using Persian cucumbers because they are so flavorful and they add such a beautiful pop of color.
- Fresh peaches or nectarines: for a touch of sweetness and juicy summer flavor
- Cherry tomatoes: we used multicolor cherry tomatoes for this tomato and mozzarella salad, and locally grown summer tomatoes would be so nice in this salad.
- Fresh Basil: adds freshness and flavor
- Pistachio vinaigrette: it adds a touch of crunch, acidity, and nutty flavor
We always recommend making your own dressing! It’s as simple as measuring out ingredients, and it makes a world of difference. You can measure ingredients into a mixing bowl and give it a good whisk, or use a Mason jar to give it a shake and then store it with the lid on. This dressing is made with:
- Olive oil: We recommend getting high-quality fruity extra virgin olive oil to use raw in salad dressings since the flavor really shines through.
- Lemon: please always use freshly squeezed lemon, you will really notice the difference.
- Apple cider vinegar: adds another acid component to this pistachio salad dressing
- Honey mustard: adds a touch of sweetness
- Chopped pistachios: adds crunch and everything tastes better with pistachios
What to Serve with Peach Caprese Salad
This salad is so good, you could eat it alone as a light lunch! For a more substantial meal, we suggest pairing it with Focaccia Bread, a Skillet Eggplant Parmesan, Tortilla de Patatas, or Pan Con Tomate.
More Salad Recipes
- Spinach Salad with Strawberries
- Summer Rice Salad
- Mango Salad with Avocado and Fresh Herbs
- Warm Blood Orange, Avocado, & Pistachio Salad
- Fresh Corn Salad with Avocado
- Mint Citrus Salad
- Cucumber Avocado Salad
- Feta Watermelon Salad
- Apple Beet Salad with Pickled Onions
If you enjoyed this recipe, it would help us tremendously if you left us a star rating in the comments below or on the recipe card. Do you have any questions about the recipe or do you need a swap for any of the ingredients? We are here to help, just leave us a question in the comments below.Print
This Peach Caprese Salad recipe is like summer on a plate! It’s light, refreshing, and so easy to make and enjoy on a hot summer day and goes beyond the traditional tomato, mozzarella, basil salad.
- 2 large peaches or nectarines, sliced in ½" slices and each slice cut in half
- 2 Persian cucumbers, sliced
- 1 pint tricolor cherry or grape tomatoes, cut in half
- 4 oz of fresh pesto or marinated mozzarella balls or slices ( if using slices, cut into bite-sized pieces), or vegan mozzarella
- 8 green olives
- 8 cured black olives
- 10 basil leaves, torn by hand
For the Pistachio Vinaigrette
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tbsp freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp honey mustard ( if vegan, use 1 tsp brown mustard and ½ tsp maple syrup)
- 1 tsp ground black pepper
- 2 tbsp chopped shelled pistachios
- Combine all the salad ingredients in a large bowl
- To prepare the vinaigrette, combine all the ingredients in a glass jar with a lid and shake really well
- Right before serving, pour the dressing over the salad and toss well
- Prep Time: 15
- Category: Salad
- Method: raw
- Cuisine: Italian
- Serving Size: ¼ of the salad
- Calories: 242
- Sugar: 11
- Sodium: 906
- Fat: 16.5
- Saturated Fat: 4.7
- Unsaturated Fat: 11
- Trans Fat: 0
- Carbohydrates: 17
- Fiber: 3.5
- Protein: 9.6
- Cholesterol: 18
Keywords: caprese, mozzarella salad, tomato salad, salad, kosher, vegetarian, gluten-free, caprese salad