This Lemon Cranberry Vegan Cornbread is great for breakfast or as a side on your holiday table
Ok, here comes vegan Thanksgiving recipe #2.
Maybe not a Thanksgiving one per se but, Thanksgiving-ish maybe?
Either way, it’s one of my favorites. To me, cornbread is one of those things that bring back great memories. Definitely NOT something we grew up eating in Spain. Just the thought of it, however, brings a smile to my face. And I’ll tell you why…
When Ruthy decided to move here to the US years ago, I was ecstatic. You have to understand something: after I got married, I came here not really knowing anyone, except my husband and his family. It was a huge adjustment. Moving from a big city in to the suburbs. From mild Mediterranean weather to bitter cold East Coast winters. And getting used to not having my friends around...
So you can only imagine how the idea of having my sister move in with me made me feel!
Once she settled in, it didn’t take us long to come up with our own little routine. And my very favorite part of it, was our evening “ritual”.
Every night, after making dinner, cleaning up and putting my daughter down, we would sit down in front of the TV and watch our favorite shows with a cup of tea and a piece of cornbread. Yep, that simple. But we loved it. To this day, we still talk about that. Such great memories…
The thing is, we never made cornbread from scratch before. But of course, we started experimenting and came up with this vegan recipe that we thought was really good.
Hope you agree 🙂
More Corn Recipes
- Corn Salad
- Cheesy Corn Bread Crusted Black Bean Vegetarian Chili
- Vegan Creamy Corn Soup
- Dukkah, Herbes de Provence, & Cinnamon Sugar Crusted Corn
- Vegan Blueberry Corn Muffins
- Fresh Summer Corn Salsa
- Cheesy Vegan Corn Muffins
- Vegan Lemon Cranberry Cornbread
- Corn Soup with Basil and Pine Nuts
Did you like our vegan cornbread recipe?
If you enjoyed this recipe. It would help us tremendously if you left us a star rating in the comments below or on the recipe card. Do you have any questions about the recipe or do you need a swap for any of the ingredients? We are here to help, just leave us a question in the comments below.Print
This Lemon Cranberry Vegan Cornbread, is great for breakfast or as a side on your holiday table
- 4 tbsp refined coconut oil melted and slightly cooled plus extra to grease the baking dish
- 3 flax eggs (½ cup unsweetened non-dairy milk mixed with 3 tbsp flax meal)
- 1.5 cups medium grind cornmeal
- 1 cup whole wheat pastry flour
- 1 ½ tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp salt
- 3 tbsp Maple Syrup
- 1- 6oz container vanilla non-dairy yogurt
- ½ cup seltzer water
- ½ cup dried cranberries
- Zest of 1 small lemon
- Preheat oven to 350F. Lightly grease an 8x8 inch square baking dish
- In a small bowl, combine the plant-based milk and flax meal. Set aside
- In a large bowl, combine cornmeal, flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt
- In a small bowl, whisk together yogurt, maple syrup, almond milk/flax mixture, and melted coconut oil. Pour into dry ingredients and mix until just combined.
- Add seltzer water, cranberries, and lemon zest and mix until well incorporated
- Pour batter into prepared dish and bake at 350F for 50-55 minutes.
- Category: Side
- Method: Baking
- Cuisine: Thanksgiving
- Serving Size: 1/16 square
- Calories: 133
- Sugar: 4.8
- Sodium: 245
- Fat: 4.2
- Saturated Fat: 3
- Unsaturated Fat: 1
- Trans Fat: 0
- Carbohydrates: 21
- Fiber: 2
- Protein: 2.7
- Cholesterol: 0