This is a perfectly moist pumpkin bread that’s totally vegan! It isn’t overly sweet, but it’s perfectly spiced and filled with pumpkin flavor and a sprinkle of mini chocolate chips. A Vegan Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Bread will become your favorite fall and winter breakfast, snack, or dessert bread.
Here’s a fun fact about this Vegan Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Bread: we actually adapted it from our popular Banana Bread Recipe and replaced the bananas with pumpkin! Instead of pumpkin spice we used real pumpkin, cinnamon, and ginger. It’s one of the tastiest kitchen experiments we’ve ever done and we just knew you would love it, too.
Ingredients in Vegan Pumpkin Bread
This is a really simple pumpkin bread recipe that’s made with ingredients you probably already have in your pantry. Don’t you love it when that happens? Just think...in less than an hour you could be enjoying Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Bread fresh from the oven!
- Flax, instead of eggs: for this recipe, we make our "flax egg" with ¼ cup unsweetened non-dairy milk mixed with 1 tbsp ground flax.
- Flour: All-purpose flour works great for this recipe. You can also use a 1-to1 gluten free baking flour, but remember the bread might turn out just slightly drier.
- Spices: cinnamon, ground ginger, and salt.
- Baking powder and baking soda, for some fluff factor.
- Mini chocolate chips: We prefer mini chocolate chips, because it makes it easier to slice and also guarantees there's chocolate in every bite! You can sub chopped niuts if you aren’t a chocolate lover.
- Brown sugar and pure maple syrup : For sweetness
- Oil: Use one with a neutral flavor, such as grapeseed, avocado, or sunflower oil
- Canned pumpkin: Make sure you’re buying canned pumpkin, NOT pumpkin pie filling! There’s a huge difference. The only ingredient on the label should be pumpkin!
- Natural Vanilla Extract
Easy Vegan Pumpkin Bread
This vegan pumpkin bread recipe is made in one bowl with no mixer necessary, so it’s an easy, no-fuss sweet loaf! It only takes about 15 minutes to prepare, then the oven does the rest of the work!
How to Make Pumpkin Bread
Like we mentioned, this is a one-bowl recipe, so it couldn’t be easier to whip up. Make sure you spray or line your loaf pan first and get the oven preheating, then mix all ingredients together in a medium mixing bowl. Start with the wet ingredients, then add in the dry, and stir until just combined. Spoon it into your loaf pan, smooth the top, pop it in the oven, and get ready to fall in love with this moist pumpkin bread!
Pumpkin Bread Topping
We topped this vegan pumpkin loaf with a sprinkle of coarse sugar. This adds an unbeatable texture and sweetness! You could also top it with raw pumpkin seeds for even more seasonal crunch.
Storing Pumpkin Bread
Store any leftover pumpkin bread in a sealed container at room temperature for up to 3 days or in the refrigerator for up to 5. These loaves will also freeze well for up to 6 months.
More Pumpkin Recipes
- Pumpkin Pasta Sauce
- Creamy Pumpkin Mousse
- Pumpkin Coffee Cake
- Maple Pumpkin Scones
- Cinnamon Ginger Spiced Pumpkin Seeds
- Gingersnap Vegan Pumpkin Pie
- Pumpkin Apple Turnovers
- Vegan Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Bread
DID YOU ENJOY OUR CHOCOLATE CHIP PUMPKIN BREAD RECIPE?
If you enjoyed this recipe. It would help us tremendously if you left us a star rating in the comments below or on the recipe card. Do you have any questions about the recipe or do you need a swap for any of the ingredients? We are here to help, just leave us a question in the comments below.Print
This is a perfectly moist vegan chocolate chip pumpkin bread, it's not overly sweet and it’s perfectly spiced and filled with pumpkin flavor. It may become your favorite fall and winter breakfast, snack, or dessert bread.
- ¼ cup unsweetened non-dairy milk
- 1 tbsp ground flax
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 1 ½ tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp ground ginger
- 1 ½ tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp baking soda
- ⅛ tsp salt
- ½ cup mini chocolate chips
- ⅔ cup canned pumpkin puree
- ½ cup brown sugar
- ¼ cup neutral flavor oil (such as grape seed, avocado or sunflower)
- 3 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 tsp natural vanilla extract
- Sparkling sugar or granulated sugar to sprinkle on top (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 350F. Grease a 9x5 inch loaf pan (you can also line it with parchment paper)
- Whisk together the non-dairy milk and ground flax in a small bowl. Set aside
- In a medium bowl, combine the flour, cinnamon, ginger, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Whisk well, add the mini chocolate chips and mix again
- In a large bowl, whisk together the pumpkin, brown sugar, oil, maple syrup, vanilla and flax mixture. Add the flour mixture and mix until just combined (do not overmix)
- Pour the batter into the loaf pan and sprinkle some sugar on top. Bake for 50-55 minutes. Let it cool completely in the loaf pan before slicing
- Category: desserts
- Method: baking
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 1 slice
- Calories: 221
- Sugar: 22.5
- Sodium: 38.8
- Fat: 9.2
- Saturated Fat: 6.5
- Unsaturated Fat: 1.1
- Trans Fat: 0
- Carbohydrates: 34.4
- Fiber: 1.8
- Protein: 2.5
- Cholesterol: 0
Keywords: vegan, pumpkin, pumpkin bread