Pour your smoothie into a bowl, add some fresh fruit, nuts and seeds and you have a refreshing satisfying healthy pre-workout breakfast or delicious snack.
Seems like breakfast smoothie bowls are popping up all over the place lately, right? Taking over pretty much every single social media account you have. So colorful, so pretty, they'll grab your attention without you even noticing.
And I love them just as much as everyone else. But putting aside all the awesomeness they represent, I have a question: what in the world is a smoothie bowl??
If a smoothie is, by definition, a drink ( Google says it is, so it must be true!), can we still call it a smoothie if it's poured into a bowl and eaten it with a spoon? Seriously, think about it! We should call it a "blended fruit bowl" or "frozen fruit soup" or whatever, I don't know. But not a smoothie. Nuh uh.
And I don't know why it bugs me so much, but it does. So I'm putting my stubborn foot down and renaming today's recipe. I have no idea what I'm gonna call it, but it will come to me. Eventually.
In the meantime though, I'll tell you what's awesome about this whatchamacallit bowl:
- It's LOADED with vitamins, minerals, antioxidants and healthy fats
- Beet powder. That's right, beet powder (hence, the name). A super duper energy booster, as I've come to discover recently. Seriously, this thing has turned me into the Energizer bunny, in the best way possible. No jitters, no crashes. Just pure, clean oxygen powered energy which makes it the prefect pre workout snack/breakfast/etc
- It's super refreshing (hence, the name) and satisfying. Just like a smoothie. But you eat it with a spoon. Which means it takes longer to eat, which means you actually take the time to enjoy it rather than inhaling it, which means it's actually better than a smoothie, so stop calling it that because it's not!
Bottom line, you should give it a try because you'll love it, even if it doesn't have a name 😀
Some Inspired beet recipes
- Cauliflower beet dip
- Roasted beet hummus
- Roasted beet salad with creamy horseradish and candied walnuts
- Roasted beets and sweet potato tacos
- Quinoa, chickpea and beet burger
- Beet carpaccio with chia seed dressing
- Veggie noodle salad with peanut dressing
- How to cook beets
Do You Need More Smoothie Recipe Ideas?
Enjoy these other smoothies and smoothie bowls.Print
- ¾ cup unsweetened vanilla almond milk
- 1 frozen banana
- 1 cup frozen raspberries
- ½ tbsp Organic beet powder
- 1 tbsp shelled hemp seeds
- 1 tbsp shelled pistachios
- Fresh raspberries & blackberries (to taste)
- Blend almond milk, frozen banana, frozen raspberries and beet powder until smooth and creamy
- Pour into a bowl and top with hemp seeds, pistachios and fresh raspberries and blackberries
- Category: Breakfast
- Cuisine: Kosher / Vegan