Spiralized beets, zucchini and carrots and protein rich tofu make this Veggie Noodle Salad With Orange Peanut Dressing a great addition to your summer menu!
We’re in the midst of the seventh heat wave of the summer. Seventh! As unbearable as the heat and humidity have beet, I’ve been trying to refrain from complaining, because I know the bitter cold days we’ll be here before we know it. So by heat wave number three, we pretty much figured out ways to beat the 90+ temps…
- Stay hydrated
- Stay indoors
- Keep cooking to a minimum
Pretty obvious, no?
One of the main reasons this Veggie Noodle Salad has become one of our favorites this summer. This one bowl meal is light, refreshing, easy to prepare and loaded with nutrients. The orange peanut dressing is zesty and nutty, and we lightened it up by using orange juice instead of oil.
The only element of this salad that actually required you to stand by the stove is the sauteed tofu, which literally takes less than 10 minutes to prepare ( we can handle that, yes?).
Enjoy and stay cool! 🙂
- 2-3 medium sized beets, spiralized
- 2 large green zucchini, spiralized
- 2 large yellow zucchini, spiralized
- 2 large carrots, spiralized
- 16 oz extra firm tofu, diced small
- 4 tsp avocado oil (or any other neutral oil)
- 4 tsp soy sauce
- For the orange peanut dressing:
- ⅔ cup orange juice
- ⅔ cup coconut-peanut spread (such as Earth Balance) or all natural peanut butter
- ¼ cup lemon juice
- 3 tbsp grated ginger
- 2 tbsptamari
- 2 tbsp rice vinegar
- 2 tbsp maple syrup (optional)
- Place spirilized veggies in a large bowl
- In a large non stick skillet, heat avocado oil. Add tofu and cook over medium high heat for 3-4 minutes or until golden, stirring often. Add soy sauce, stir well and cook until all the liquid has been absorbed by the tofu (this should take another 2-3 minutes). Set aside.
- To prepare the dressing, combine all the ingredients in a blender and blend until smooth
- Before serving, add tofu to the veggie noodles, add dressing to taste and toss well