Say goodbye to overly sweet, artificially colored cupcakes and surprise mom on Mother's Day with these beautiful Orange Blossom Raspberry Cupcakes ! The cake part is studded with cacao nibs and pistachios, and the frosting is lightly spiced with cardamon and coriander. Super simple and unique!
Need an easy, homemade treat to make for mom on Mother's day? Check out these Orange Blossom Raspberry Cupcakes!
For the cake part, you'll only need a few ingredients, 2 bowls and a wooden spoon. This fool proof recipe is super versatile, and can be used as a base for many desserts ( like we did for our Vegan Tiramisu).
The secret to get it right every time, is to avoid over mixing the batter, so you don't end up with tough, dry cupcakes. Also, make sure the milk is lukewarm before mixing it with the melted coconut oil. Cold milk will cause the coconut oil to solidify, making it very hard to mix!
To prepare the frosting, use cream cheese that is at room temperature, to make it easier to whip. The amount of sugar and orange blossom water can vary, depending on your personal taste.
If you like a more floral taste, try rose water instead. You can also try different extracts (lemon, almond, coconut, vanilla, etc), if you don't have these waters in hand. We like using a wide piping bag tip when frosting the cupcakes, so the pieces of raspberry can come out easily. For tips on how to use a piping bag, check out this great post on The Kitchn blog.
Lastly, make sure your cupcakes have cooled completely before frosting them. Otherwise, the heat will melt the frosting and it will run all over the place!
You can top your raspberry cupcakes with cacao nibs, fresh raspberries and even a good drizzle of melted chocolate.
Did you like this recipe for raspberry cupcakes ? Leave us a rating!
Wanna see more? Subscribe to our blog and remember to follow us on Pinterest!Print
Say goodbye to overly sweet, artificially colored cupcakes and surprise mom with these beautiful Orange Blossom Raspberry Cupcakes ! The cake part is studded with cacao nibs and pistachios, and the frosting is lightly spiced with cardamom and coriander. Super simple and unique!
- 1 cup plus 2 tbsp all purpose flour
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- ⅓ shelled pistachios, chopped
- ⅓ cacao nibs or mini chocolate chips
- 3 tsp baking powder
- ¼ tsp salt
- 1 cup unsweetened non dairy milk, lukewarm
- ¼ cup coconut oil, melted or neutral flavored oil
- 2 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 ½ tsp natural vanilla extract
- For the orange blossom raspberry frosting:
- 8oz vegan cream cheese or regular cream cheese if not vegan
- 2 tbsp tahini
- ⅓ cup confectioners' sugar
- 3 tsp orange blossom water, you may also use rose water instead for a more floral taste ortry different extracts likelemon, almond, coconut, vanilla, etc.
- ¼ tsp coriander, optional but recommended
- ⅛ tsp cardamom, optional but recommended
- ⅓ cup fresh or frozen raspberries, slightly mashed
- Preheat the oven to 350F. Line a muffin tin pan with 8 liners (preferably foil) and coat them with cooking spray
- Combine the flour, sugar, pistachios, cacao nibs, baking powder and salt in a large bowl
- In a small bowl, combine the lukewarm milk , melted coconut oil, vinegar and vanilla. Mix well and slowly pour into flour mixture. Mix until just combined (do not overmix!)
- Fill the liners ⅔ way with batter, and bake for 25-30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean
- In the meantime, prepare the frosting. Combine the cream cheese and tahini in a medium bowl and beat, using an electric mixer, for about one minute. Add the sugar, orange blossom water, coriander and cardamom and continue beating for 2 more minutes, until smooth and creamy. Gently fold in the mashed raspberries, using a spatula
- Let the cupcakes cool completely before icing them
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 30 minutes
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Baking
- Cuisine: vegan
- Serving Size: 1 cupcake
- Calories: 280
- Sugar: 17
- Sodium: 155.3
- Fat: 14.2
- Saturated Fat: 7.4
- Unsaturated Fat: 4.4
- Trans Fat: 0
- Carbohydrates: 35.1
- Fiber: 2.6
- Protein: 4.8
- Cholesterol: 0
Keywords: raspberry cupcakes, Mother's Day