This vegan, gluten-free Shawarma Chickpea Nourish Rice Bowl is filled with warm spices and nourishing vegetables! It is sure to become your new favorite homemade Middle Eastern dishes.
How to make a Shawarma Chickpea Rice Bowl?
For this rice bowl recipe we started with our Crazy Good Shawarma Spice Mix and things just got better and better! Sautéed shiitake mushrooms and chickpeas give an unbeatable flavor that blends perfectly with the shawarma spices. We added veggies and a Spicy Tahini Sauce and voila one delicious Rice Bowl!
You don’t have to eat meat to get your favorite shawarma flavors! We used our classic Crazy Good Shawarma Spice Mix to bring the spice to chickpeas and mushrooms. Chickpeas are an excellent plant-based protein, while mushrooms have vitamins B and D.
Are Rice Bowls Healthy?
Yes! Rice is the base to this vegan bowl, and all of the toppings are plant-based. This is giving you a boost of energy and all of the important nutrients from the veggies! It’s a really nutritious meal that will fill you for hours.
Spicy Vegan Rice Bowl
This is a gluten-free, vegan rice bowl that is flavored with all of our favorite spices! Of course, you can customize it in any way your family prefers, but this recipe as a base is very allergy friendly.
More Rice Bowl Options
You can really make this spiced bowl your own! Instead of shawarma spice mix, you could try it with our easy Homemade Garam Masala Spice Mix. This is a flavorful, warm spice that really awakens the flavors in the bowl! This would be exceptional served with Spicy Tahini and Schug.
Serving Options in Shawarma Chickpea Nourish Rice Bowl
Any of your favorite bowl fillings would be delicious here! The sky is truly the limit. Here are some suggestions:
- Tomatoes, fresh or roasted tomatoes
- Corn fresh or roasted
- Roasted butternut squash
- Peppers fresh or roasted
- Raw or roasted veggies
More Bowls We Love
- Tahini Miso Eggplant Bowl
- Turmeric Coconut Lentil Quinoa Bowl
- End of Summer Buddha Bowl
- Immune Booster Vegan Ramen Bowl
- Harissa Roasted Chickpeas & Cauliflower Bowl
- Warm Purple Kale Farro Salad Bowl
Did you like our Shawarma mushroom and chickpea Rice Bowl?
Scroll down to the comments and leave us a rating! Did you love it? Share it or leave us a comment on Instagram, Twitter or Facebook! Wanna see more? Subscribe to our blog and remember to follow us on Pinterest!Print
- 1/3 cup Basmati rice
- 2 tsp black sesame seeds (optional)
- 2 tsp shawarma spice mix ( homemade or store bought), divided
- 3 tsp extra virgin olive oil, divided
- 2 cups sliced shiitake mushrooms
- 1 cup canned chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 1 large vine ripe tomato, diced
- 2 Persian cucumbers, sliced
- 1/2 cup corn kernels
- Spicy Tahini Sauce (or your favorite dressing)
- Cook the rice according to the instruction on the package. Add the sesame seeds if using, toss well and set aside
- Heat 2 teaspoons of the olive oil in a large skillet. Add the sliced mushrooms and 1 teaspoon of the shawarma spice, and cook over medium heat for 3-4 minutes, stirring often. Set aside
- In the same skillet, heat the remaining teaspoon of olive oil. Add the chickpeas and one teaspoon of spice and cook over medium heat for just a minute, tossing constantly
- Arrange the rice, mushrooms, chickpeas, tomatoes, cucumbers and corn in a bowl, and drizzle with spicy tahini sauce
- Category: Entree
- Method: Stovetop
- Cuisine: Middle Eastern
- Serving Size: 1 bowl
- Calories: 746
- Sugar: 23.2
- Sodium: 361.9
- Fat: 23.4
- Saturated Fat: 3.2
- Unsaturated Fat: 17.4
- Trans Fat: 0
- Carbohydrates: 119.9
- Fiber: 19
- Protein: 24.3
- Cholesterol: 0
Keywords: #rice #bowl #shawarma #glutenfree #vegan #plantbassed