And… make 30 minute meals! Like this Thai inspired, vegan, gluten free 30 minute Ginger Lemongrass Braised Vegetables.
This nutritious, flavor packed dish is ideal for any busy week night. If you have the ingredients in hand, it’s ready in 30 minutes!
You can serve it over rice, quinoa or your favorite noodles. You can also add your favorite protein if you are not very fond of tofu, for a balance, complete main meal.
We have included this great video that shows how to prepare lemongrass, depending on what dish you want to use it for. For this recipe, use the third method shown ( how to prepare it for soup) and be sure to remove the stalks before serving.
We’ve been so busy for the past couple of month, that we are relying on quick and easy to prepare recipes almost weekly! And we’re always looking for more, so feel free to share them with us! Leave us a comment or head over to our Instagram, Facebook or Twitter pages. We would love to hear from you!
Thai inspired 30 minute Ginger Lemongrass Braised Vegetables vegan and gluten free
- 1 can full fat coconut milk
- 1 cup vegetable broth or vegetarian no-chicken broth
- 6 scallions, sliced (set aside the green part)
- 3 lemon grass stalks
- 1 1/2-inch piece fresh ginger, grated
- 3 tablespoons tamari sauce orcoconut aminos
- 1 teaspoon marinated hot cherry peppers
- 2 large Japanese eggplants, unpeeled, cut into 1-inch thick slices
- 3 carrots, peeled and cut into 1/2-inch thick slices
- 6 oz oyster mushrooms, sliced
- 12 oz silken tofu, diced (optional)
- 1 small brunch of cilantro, chopped
- 1 Hass Avocado, sliced
- 2 Fresno peppers, sliced (optional)
- Prepare the lemongrass as shown on the video above, using the method used for soup ( you’ll see it about 2 minutes and 45 seconds into the video)
- Combine the coconut milk, vegetable broth, scallions, lemongrass, ginger, tamari sauce or coconut aminos and hot peppers in a large, deep skillet with a lid. Bring to a boil
- Add the eggplant, carrots, mushrooms and tofu (if using), reduce the heat to low and simmer, covered, for 20-25 minutes or until the vegetables are tender.
- Remove the lemongrass stalks and add the chopped cilantro. Serve over rice, quinoa or noodles with avocado and Fresno peppers.