Forget takeout! This Vegan Pad Thai noodle Salad is a lighter, gluten-free alternative to this popular Thai dish.
Having a great memory can be both a blessing and a curse. It definitely has its disadvantages ( especially when it comes to arguments or bad/embarrassing things that have happened), but overall I think it is a good thing. It’s almost like having a photo album of your life stuck in your head.
I remember the first time I had Chinese food (bad memory); the first time I had sushi (good at first, not so good afterward); the first time I had Thai food (great memory).
Let me talk about this one for a minute.
To be completely honest, for the life of me I can’t remember what I ate. At all. What I do remember, however, is that I was a teenager and I was in Israel visiting my sister. I took a month-long trip with some friends, and we had an incredible time. The highlight though was getting the chance to spend a few days with my sister, whom I hadn’t seen in a long time. So that is the memory I associate with Thai food.
We don’t get much of a chance to enjoy Thai food around here (not a lot of vegan/vegetarian/kosher options) so over the years we’ve come up with a few versions of our own. We wanted to recreate one of the most popular dishes with this recipe.
This gluten-free, vegan Pad Thai salad has Red Rice Noodles as a base. Slightly chewy, hearty, and made with organic red rice, these noodles a delicious way to incorporate whole grains into your diet. Tossed with spiralized carrots. zucchini, sprouts and crumbled tofu for an extra protein boost, and a citrusy spicy peanut sauce for some heat and a burst of flavor.
Other Vegan Thai Food Recipes
Did you like this Vegan Pad Thai Salad recipe? Leave us a rating! Did you love it? Share it or leave us a comment on Twitter or Facebook! Wanna see more? Subscribe to our blog and remember to follow us on Pinterest!
This a sponsored post. All opinions are ours.Print
Forget take out! This Vegan Pad Thai Salad is a lighter, gluten-free alternative to the popular Thai dish.
- 8 ounces Explore Cuisine Red Rice Pad Thai Noodles
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 2 tbsp peanut butter
- 4 tsp tamari sauce
- 2 tsp grated fresh ginger
- 14oz extra firm tofu, crumbled
- 2 large carrots, spiralized
- 2 large zucchini, spiralized
- 6 scallions, sliced
- 3/4 cup soybean sprouts
- 1/2 cup chopped cilantro (optional)
- For the sauce:
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- 1/4 cup coconut sugar
- 1/4 cup tamari sauce
- 1/4 tsp marinated red pepper flakes
- Cook the Red rice Pad Thai noodles according to the package instructions. Drain and rinse with cold water. Set aside
- In a small bowl, whisk together the orange juice, peanut butter, soy sauce and ginger until smooth
- Heat a large non stick skillet over medium heat. Add the orange juice mixture and the crumbled tofu, toss well and cook for 5-7 minutes
- To prepare the sauce, combine all the ingredients in a small bowl and mix well
- To assemble the dish, combine the cooked noodles, carrots, zucchini, scallions, sprouts, cooked tofu and cilantro in a large bowl. Add the sauce and toss well. Can be served warm or cold
- Serving Size: 1/6
- Calories: 295
- Sugar: 15.7
- Sodium: 430
- Fat: 7
- Saturated Fat: 1.1
- Unsaturated Fat: 4.7
- Trans Fat: 0
- Carbohydrates: 50
- Fiber: 3
- Protein: 9.2
- Cholesterol: 0