Forget takeout! This Vegan Pad Thai Salad is a lighter, gluten free alternative to the popular Thai dish.
Having great memory can be both a blessing and a curse. It definitely has its disadvantages ( especially when it comes to arguments, or bad / embarrassing things that have happened), but overall I think it is a good thing. It’s almost like having a photo album of your life stuck in your head.
I remember the fist time I had Chinese food (bad memory); first time I had sushi (good at first, not so good afterwards); the first time I had Thai food (great memory).
Let me talk about this one for a minute.
To be completely honest, for the life of me I can’t remember what I ate. At all. What I do remember, however, is that I was a teenager and I was in Israel visiting my sister. I took a month long trip with some friends, and we had an incredible time. The highlight though, was getting the chance to spend a few days with my sister, whom I hadn’t seen in a long time. So that, is the memory I associate with Thai food.
We don’t get much of a chance to enjoy Thai food around here (not a lot of vegan / vegetarian /kosher options) so over the years we’ve come up with a few versions of our own. We wanted to recreate one of the most popular dishes with recipe.
This gluten free, vegan Pad Thai salad has Red Rice Noodles as a base. Slightly chewy, hearty and made with organic red rice, these noodles a delicious way to incorporate whole grains into your diet. Tossed with spirilized carrots. zucchini, sprouts and crumbled tofu for an extra protein boost, and a citrussy spicy peanut sauce for some heat and a bust of flavor.
Did you like this Vegan Pad Thai Salad recipe? Leave us a rating! Did you love it? Share it or leave us comment on Twitter or Facebook! Wanna see more? Subscribe to our blog and remember to follow us on Pinterest!
Forget take out! This Vegan Pad Thai Salad is a lighter, gluten free alternative to the popular Thai dish.
- 8 ounces Explore Cuisine Red Rice Pad Thai Noodles
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 2 tbsp peanut butter
- 4 tsp tamari sauce
- 2 tsp grated fresh ginger
- 14oz extra firm tofu, crumbled
- 2 large carrots, spiralized
- 2 large zucchini, spiralized
- 6 scallions, sliced
- 3/4 cup soy bean sprouts
- 1/2 cup chopped cilantro (optional)
- For the sauce:
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- 1/4 cup coconut sugar
- 1/4 cup tamari sauce
- 1/4 tsp marinated red pepper flakes
- Cook the Red rice Pad Thai noodles according to the package instructions. Drain and rinse with cold water. Set aside
- In a small bowl, whisk together the orange juice, peanut butter, soy sauce and ginger until smooth
- Heat a large non stick skillet over medium heat. Add the orange juice mixture and the crumbled tofu, toss well and cook for 5-7 minutes
- To prepare the sauce, combine all the ingredients in a small bowl and mix well
- To assemble the dish, combine the cooked noodles, carrots, zucchini, scallions, sprouts, cooked tofu and cilantro in a large bowl. Add the sauce and toss well. Can be served warm or cold
- Serving Size: 1/6
- Calories: 295
- Sugar: 15.7
- Sodium: 430
- Fat: 7
- Saturated Fat: 1.1
- Unsaturated Fat: 4.7
- Trans Fat: 0
- Carbohydrates: 50
- Fiber: 3
- Protein: 9.2
- Cholesterol: 0