30 Minute Ginger Lemongrass Braised Vegetables. A quick, easy and balanced vegan and gluten free dish, that is packed with flavor and ready in 30 minutes!
- 1 can full fat coconut milk
- 1 cup vegetable broth or vegetarian no-chicken broth
- 6 scallions, sliced (set aside the green part)
- 3 lemon grass stalks
- 1 1/2-inch piece fresh ginger, grated
- 3 tablespoons tamari sauce orcoconut aminos
- 1 teaspoon marinated hot cherry peppers
- 2 large Japanese eggplants, unpeeled, cut into 1-inch thick slices
- 3 carrots, peeled and cut into 1/2-inch thick slices
- 6 oz oyster mushrooms, sliced
- 12 oz silken tofu, diced (optional)
- 1 small brunch of cilantro, chopped
- 1 Hass Avocado, sliced
- 2 Fresno peppers, sliced (optional)
- Prepare the lemongrass by cutting it into 3 pieces and smashing it, as shown on the video above, using the method used for soup ( you'll see it about 2 minutes and 45 seconds into the video)
- Combine the coconut milk, vegetable broth, scallions, lemongrass, ginger, tamari sauce or coconut aminos and hot peppers in a large, deep skillet with a lid. Bring to a boil
- Add the eggplant, carrots, mushrooms and tofu (if using), reduce the heat to low and simmer, covered, for 20-25 minutes or until the vegetables are tender.
- Remove the lemongrass stalks and add the chopped cilantro. Serve over rice, quinoa or noodles with avocado and Fresno peppers.
- Category: Entree
- Cuisine: Asian