This goat cheese recipe is extremely crunchy and it's baked not fried!
Mother’s Day. Not to be negative or anything, but here’s another “holiday” I don’t get.
I feel the same way about this one as I do about Valentine’s Day. Moms deserve to feel special every day. They deserve to be pampered, and taken care of and most of all, they deserve to be loved, every second of every day. Does everyone agree?
So we thought, why not post a few recipes to help you make Mom feel special all throughout the year? So you can surprise her when she least expects it. Starting like, today.
And for us, what better way to honor our mom than to put together two of her very favorite things: cheese and shopping. So Mami, this one's for you: Cheese purses. Fun, sharp and elegant. Just like you.
Our Mom helped us with this recipe while she was here in the US visiting us.
- Check out other Vegetarian Mother's Day Recipes
- Every-Day-Is-Mother's-Day Part 2: Asparagus and Scallion Scramble
- Every-day-Is-Mother's-Day-Part 3 Sweet Semolina Borekas with Orange Blossom Syrup
Every-day-is-Mother's-Day-Part 1: Goat Cheese Purses
- Total Time: 22 mins
- Yield: 12 purses 1x
Spring roll wrappers with goat and cheddar cheeses. Crunchy, creamy & delicious. An easy-to-make vegetarian goat cheese recipe.
- 1 egg
- ¼ cup + 2 tbsp crumbled aged goat's cheese
- ¼ cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- ½ tsp dried oregano
- ⅛ tsp salt
- 12 thin spring roll wrappers
- ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
- Preheat the oven at 375F
- In a medium bowl, beat the egg. Add both cheeses.
- Mix well together, add oregano and salt. Mix again until well combined. Set aside.
- Using a pastry brush, coat each spring roll wrapper on both sides with extra virgin olive oil.
- Place one wrapper in your hand, add about a teaspoon of filling in the center. Gather up the edges and give it a little twist to enclose the filling, so it looks like a purse. Place in a mini muffin tin.
- Repeat the same procedure with the rest of the wrappers
- Bake at 375F for seven minutes, until golden brown.
- Enjoy!! From May I have that recipe
- Prep Time: 15 mins
- Cook Time: 7 mins
- Category: Appetizer
Really the only thing i can say is "OMG!!!!". These puffs are amazing the spring roll wrapers give them a great crunchy while the cheese filling is really nice and creamy!
Laurie Kaufman says
I tried them last night. A real winner! Will definitely make them for Shavuot. Thanks!
Thank you very much. So glad you liked them!
Cindy Volpin says
My Mother's Day was made when I came home and I saw a plate of the goat cheese purses on the dining room table. I couldn't imagine where they came from! Was I shocked to find out that my husband had made them after reading how on mayihavethatrecipe! He hatess to cook and did a fabulous job with this delicious recipe.