Here we go again. The shopping torture continues.
Yesterday my 16 year old niece Raquel took me out to the mall for 3 hours (yes, SHE took ME out), convinced me to buy stuff I would never even look at and even forced me to try on skinny jeans. Skinny jeans! Now that is torture.
But you know what, putting aside my animosity for shopping, I have to admit I had a really nice time, just because I was with her. She is like the younger sister I never had. Over the years I’ve watched this little peanut she was when I first moved here to the US, grow into the amazing, smart, funny young woman she is today.
I know I’ve talked about her before, and I’ll never get tired of doing it, because she amazes me every day. And especially now that she has become our very own “intern”, her talent is really flourishing. She’s been such a great help to us, especially in the creativity department.
This recipe we’re sharing here today is an example. When Galaxy Nutritional Foods offered us to try some of their products, Raquel was he one who came up with this concept that Vicky and I later developed. Pretty good for a 16 year old kid, don’t you think?
Not that I’m biased… 😉
Hope you enjoy it. Have a great weekend!
- 1– 8oz package plain vegan cream cheese alternative (We use GoVeggei!), at room temperature
- 1/2 cup confectioners sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 2 large peaches, diced
- 2 tbsp brown sugar
- 1/4 tsp lemon
- 1/2 tsp water
- 1 puff pasty sheet cut in 8 rectangular pieces or 4 puff pastry squares cut in half
- Preheat oven to 400F. Bake puff pastry for about 15 minutes until golden brown. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, combine vegan cream cheese, confectioner’s sugar, vanilla and cinnamon
- Whip until light and creamy and chill in the refrigerator
- In a large skillet, combine peaches, brown sugar, lemon juice and water. Cook at medium-high heat until the peaches start to soften. Reduce heat to low and cook for an additional 10 minutes. Set aside to cool.
- Fold cooled peaches into cream cheese mixture and refrigerate until ready to assemble.
- Right before serving, layer peach cream in between 2 pieces of puff pastry. sprinkle with confectioner’s sugar.
- ENJOY! From May I have that recipe