Today, I'm most definitely thankful for my legs. Without them, I wouldn't be able to do half the things I do everyday.
They allow me to stay on my feet for 8 hours at work; to hop on my bike and teach the Spinning classes I enjoy so much teaching; to be in the kitchen for hours cooking. And of course, one of the things I'm most grateful for, they push me through my runs without giving up , despite the abuse I put them through.
I recently saw this posted on a running site's Facebook page. I thought it was great, and perfect to share here:
"My legs are not the most slender or delicate of creatures. They are not as thin as any models and my thighs most certainly touch. But they run thick with my passion, my effort. They run strong with my sweat and my endurance. When I think I can go no further they prevail. When I want to collapse they stand. They have taken what I thought impossible and proved me wrong time after time. They are my dedication, my work, my courage personified. My legs are strong, my legs are beautiful"
That says it all!
What are you thankful for?
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1-18oz pack chicken style seitan (yields 8oz drained), sliced
- 1 tbsp chopped tarragon
- 2 large sage leaves, chopped
- 1 tsp herbes de Provence
- ¼ tsp salt (or to taste)
- ½ cup Marsala wine
- 3 cups fresh baby spinach
- 6 vegan puff pastry shells (or one sheet cut in 6 pieces)
- Preheat oven to 425F
- Heat olive oil in a large non stick skillet. Add sliced seitan, tarragon, sage, herbes de Provence and salt. Cook at medium high for 8-10 minutes, stirring often.
- Reduce heat slightly, add wine and cook 6-7 minutes, until most of the liquid has evaporated. Add fresh spinach, toss well and continue cooking for another minute
- Bake frozen puff pastry shells on a baking sheet at 425F for 18 minutes. Set them aside until they're cool enough to handle. Remove tops and fill with warm seitan right before serving
- Serve with your choice of stuffing (corn bread or gluten free), cranberry chutney and vegan gravy!
- Category: Thanksgiving
- Cuisine: Kosher / Vegan