- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1-18oz pack chicken style seitan (yields 8oz drained), sliced
- 1 tbsp chopped tarragon
- 2 large sage leaves, chopped
- 1 tsp herbes de Provence
- 1/4 tsp salt (or to taste)
- 1/2 cup Marsala wine
- 3 cups fresh baby spinach
- 6 vegan puff pastry shells (or one sheet cut in 6 pieces)
- Preheat oven to 425F
- Heat olive oil in a large non stick skillet. Add sliced seitan, tarragon, sage, herbes de Provence and salt. Cook at medium high for 8-10 minutes, stirring often.
- Reduce heat slightly, add wine and cook 6-7 minutes, until most of the liquid has evaporated. Add fresh spinach, toss well and continue cooking for another minute
- Bake frozen puff pastry shells on a baking sheet at 425F for 18 minutes. Set them aside until they're cool enough to handle. Remove tops and fill with warm seitan right before serving
- Serve with your choice of stuffing (corn bread or gluten free), cranberry chutney and vegan gravy!
- Category: Thanksgiving
- Cuisine: Kosher / Vegan